Chapter 1: One flight at a time

Kara sighed with content as she looked at her wonderful family. It's one there game nights and she could never been happy seeing everyone's radiant smile. Once in for all they have longest time to not to worry for something bad to happen, for someone to stole there moment or to worry someone could be kidnapped or die. For years of coming out as Supergirl everyday she fought for everyone's safety especially her friends, her family, her friends who became family everyone including the whole of the Earth, humans and aliens alike. Kara made sure that no life can be lost for the battle for good and the right. Across the way she may have lost some lives but finally everything now can be considered safer. No Lex and his vengeful doings. No Nyxly and her 5th dimensional magic. No Crisis to make things complicated and messy. Finally, Kara can say that her love ones are safe.

Kara stared at Alex and Kelly. The two who just got married two weeks ago were blooming as ever. They are happy, content and full of love you can see those on their eyes. Little Esme between them was giggling, happy in the sight of two of her moms. Jonn was making Esme giggle more as he shows her how to make her stuffed zebra dance on their beverage table using his Psychic powers.

Kara enjoyably stared at Brainy and Nia. Nia laughing at Brainy's dorky explanation on how comparable the bay of Planet Markunz located three galaxies from Earth to the one of Nationals City sauna parlor located two streets from the Tower. Brainy just wanted to squeeze all time he had on this Earth by making her laugh and happy. We all know he needed back sometime to the Future but as he said, One thing great about the future is that it never happened yet. He deserved to be happy here, now, where he has his family and where he was with the he loved the most. And I am glad to see that between them.

Across Kara, there sit Lena admiring everyone like she does in the moment. And as they both scanned the room feeling the radiating glee from their lovely family, their eyes meet each one. Kara's heart began to swell more seeing her with same amount of joy she has. The look in her eyes speaks to Kara agreeing to one feeling, love.

Kara knows how special Lena has become to her life. Lena has been her savior aside from Alex. Lena was been able to pull her back when she was tip toeing in the edge, falling on the same path as their enemy. She was eternally grateful to Lena for reminding her each time of what was right and what was not. Lena she's her rock. Kara was still her because of her. And she was more of herself too, because of Lena.

Kara cannot help but smile back to her since unlike Jonn she does not have Psychic powers but she can read Lena's tonight. She was happy as much as her. "Thank Rao." Kara can't help to say. "For what?" smiling Lena responded putting her glass of drink in the center table. Kara still looked at Lena with her swelling heart and teary eyes cannot contain the happiness she was feeling now. "For this. For all of this." Kara put back her glass too in the center table and stood up. "I'll go get more ice." Kara said seeing nods from everyone but busy on their own moments with whom they are speaking with.

Kara went to the kitchen and opened her fridge getting more ice for everyone. She heard someone followed her and came eye to eye the pair of green ones owned by her CEO friend. "You know what Kara Danvers you're such a cry baby you know that. When you feel like the tears giving in you walk-away for everyone not to see." Lena smirked after saying it as she comes near Kara. She took the little bucket of ice from Kara's hold and put it on the kitchen table. Lena took her hands instead and Kara's unmistakably went from cold to warm. Lena eyes were brighter than usual but worry can be seen too. "Hey, is something wrong?" Lena asked kindly as tears Kara tried to fight slowly rolled down on her face. "No, no nothing. I just feel overjoyed tonight with everyone here. Seeing everyone was happy. Seeing everyone was safe and lively and happy and full of love. I,- I could never ask for more Lena." Kara spoke and she felt Lena's warm hand leaving hers but to Kara's surprise, come up to wipe the tears pouring from her eyes. Kara can't help but to stare back to Lena's eyes.

"Me too, but please don't be sappy we're supposed to be laughing not crying." Lena hand travelled to Kara's shoulder holding her firmly. Kara's adoration to Lena was being filled even more as time goes by. Their relationship, friendship was one hell of a ride. Kara never knew that the interaction with her, interviewing her as part of her job can lead them here today. Comforting each other, ending up being best of friends beyond scarred past. Accepting each other's weaknesses and sharing each other gifts and strengths to help save each other and everyone when in crises. Kara just thanked Rao beyond measure that Lena was here with her.

"On the other side, I feel nervous for tomorrow. After revealing Supergirl's identity to the world it was a big leap. I may say that I am on way on being a 100% of myself. But I feel like, I feel like there was still a missing piece. I should be grateful now. I should, I could not ask for more but I-I, I don't know Lena." Kara's shoulder slump and Lena began to search Kara's eyes and spoke to her with her raspy voice. Kara can't help to listen attentively. "Kara being who we are for 100% was not just an overnight process we do it every day, one step at a time. One flight at time if we are talking about Supergirl here." Lena chuckled on her own statement and so did Kara. Kara's eyes gleam with so much love for the beautiful and kind CEO.

"Lena, I-I really am grateful Rao gave me you, you know." Kara broke the eye contact being shy for what she had said. Why Kara being this shy, she does not know but it was how she feels. Kara can see Lena smiling though she was not looking. "Hey," Lena scooped Kara chin and look straight at her eyes. "You know what I should be the one grateful right now. See Kara if you have not interviewed me on the day we first met. I can never think of anyone I can be friends with her in National City. That interaction had let us to this very moment. See. You being my friend, God, Kara it's one of the best thing that ever happened to me. So I should be the one thanking Rao for giving you to, uhm me." Kara heard a little rasp on Lena's voice when she mentioned that. Lena on the other hand wanted to tell Kara more but chose to just look in Kara's eyes in the color of the wide ocean. Ocean eyes. Those eyes she always admires and makes her feel safe. Lena wanted to tell her that she wanted to be with her always because part of herself wanted more with Kara. Kara could not help but stare back in Lena's eyes too. Words would like to spill but both do not want to give words that could spoil the moment. Kara and Lena were souls meant to meet and became each other's mate but little did they know that they are just words away to even something more.

Kara was undeniably adores Lena more than anything.

Lena wanted Kara more than just a friend but could not risk it since having Kara was more than enough. The two shared a warm hug wanted to ease each other's unsaid feelings. Feeling each other's hear beat as Kara can hear Lena but it feels like hers was louder only if Lena can hear it with super hearing.