Chapter 37: Feelings, Fear and Future

Lena's POV

I hear a buzzing sound somewhere from where I was lying, together with a soft series of breathing. My eyes were still tired but as opened it I felt a hand snaked back to my waist and hugged me closely. Remembering the last night events I can't help but to fully opened my eyes till it landed to the super lying beside me. I stared at her as she pulled me closer, her warmth cloaked my wholesome. It still felt like a dream but I'm hoping this one got to be real. For real. If it's a dream I wanted to freeze this moment till my mind capture it like a photograph for all eternity. The buzzing continues, knowing what it actually was, I softly called l the sleeping blonde to wake her up. "Kara?" I said gently receiving a soft hum her. "I think that was Alex trying to connect on my earpiece ummm... somewhere on the floor?" I raise my brows seeing the blue-eyed super struggling to keep her eyes open. "Would you mind getting on yours? She might be worried already." I'm pretty much sure it's already morning since the Fortress was some kind of cave, the morning light does not come at all so it was hard to guess.

"Shoot Lee! She might be furious right now!" Kara realizing was I just said quickly dive in and put on my earpiece to answer. I laughed imagining Alex's reaction right now at the other end of the line. "I could have guessed." I just murmured as Kara put on back her comms, ending her call with Alex and sure did her Super hearing had all the full blast. "Not going to ask." Guessing fully well she has just scolded by one of the most terrifying older sister I know.

"Clearly, she was mad but I told her that we will get back in DEO ASAP just to shut her up." She answered scratching here forehead out of mannerism little did after her face become tinted as it hit her. She look back in forth from the bed and herself realizing e are still naked from last night's event. Kara's blush was a great sight in the morning paired up to that exquisite Kryptonian physique she has. "Clothes on the floor love let's go change and have some breakfast. Pretty sure you're starving." I said earning a smile from the blonde still red from embarrassment. "You could have guessed." She answered with a grin hearing food on the sentence and pick up the discarded clothes on the floor. It's sad that we will be leaving the fortress and what would next to come after our confession will going to be, I don't know what to expect.

We portaled back to the DEO and Alex with crossed arms has come to view in our reception.

"Glad you two came to join us after being off the radar for the whole day, that's for you Supergirl. Are you insane? Why turn off your comms intentionally. This is not the last you'll hear that on me Kara, seriously." Alex continued her lecture on Kara and the super was just looking on the floor.

"I'm so sorry Alex, but look I'm fine now, it won't happen again. Yesterday was one of the heaviest I have ever felt that I let myself be that reckless. Luckily Lena brought me back to my senses when she barged in to the Fortress. We sort of ummm...talked about the thing that got me upset and ummm...she uhh. Well thing is I am not myself yesterday when we got back from Nixon Valley so I really, really wanted to be alone and things got out of mind you know the time and the comms I turned it off out of frustration because of ummm.. well." Kara was mumbling without coordination and if I do not know what she was talking about I can clearly hear she was not making sense right now.

"Kara can you be clearer to what were you talking about?" Alex losing her patience with her sister with the poor excuse she was making.

"Umm perhaps I have something to confess about umm... Lee?" Kara moved closer to me to whisper. "Can I tell them now? About umm... about us? I'm not sure how to really do this. I'm starting to panic already." Kara said softly and I can see the nervousness she's feeling. Honestly, I don't really get a damn if the whole world knows about me being in love with her. What matters is she does.