Chapter 34: Save Her From Her Destiny

Kara's POV

"We have good news Supergirl. The Third Horseman's torments were already contained but we are still monitoring. " J'onn reported as I landed and approached him in the DEO. "What a great way to meet the morning J'onn. How did this happen? Not that I'm complaining but it is a huge win. Taking down a horseman this quick was a blessing." I said in awe of the good thing that was happening.

"Sentinel and Golden Guardian have been busy together with National City's media queen. You see, influence was the key. Cat Grant managed to turn the nation to sort out the lack of food by producing more." Nia reported and it amazes me how they have come up to that. "LCorp was to thank too, Lena's team and my smidge assistant at LCorp manage to speed up crop growth with their technology and biochemistry for live stocks without forcing them out on their natural genetics. That made the trick." Brainy rammed in as well adding details to what actions have been taken since the Famine attacked. "It was amazing how we can work everything out if we all work together." J'onn showed me the distribution that the Team was currently working on as I can see Secretary Brown addressing the issue on an interview.

"I just hope this would be enough. I still have no idea how this Horseman will blew us away again. Underestimating what they can do was not a choice we can take." I confessed giving off the worry I still feel.

"This is great though, one less thing to worry about, I'm so glad. I'll do a quick report on this." I decided to stop by at Catco after here.

"We're on it Supergirl, you know there is nothing we can't do if we work all together. Stronger together." J'onn said. This bring smile on my face hearing our family's motto.

"Yeah, J'onn by the way Lena and I were about to go Nixon Valley to go get some more intel on the remaining horsemen. Could you please let Alex know when she arrived?" I asked J'onn nodded as he confirmed. "Fine but since that place is ground zero for your powers I need you two to stick together and be careful." J'onn then added. "Of course, see you." I said. "See ya Kara." Nia greeted and so has Brainy, I then speed up to Catco right after.

"Ms. Grant, thank you for the help. I heard what you have done to assist us in fighting for the third horseman." I walked towards Ms. Grant's office as I landed in Catco and she was there as she always is.

"Well, well not that I want to steal the spotlight but I'm always her to give a hand if necessary. That battle is far from over though but as long we keep in cooking food I don't think it will still give us harm." Ms. Grant flexed, thanking her always flawless answers to the problems I usually have.

"Is there anything I can add to up to that? I'm sure-" I asked but she interrupted me. "Everything was already taken care of. All your little reporters were on the case."

"Oh, okay. I'll be back then when you need me or something came up." So I just decided to head back again to the DEO but before that Ms. Grant made a quick peep.

"Keira by the way, I was planning to make an interview with Supergirl and Lena Luthor before the end of the day but I'm unable to reach your stunning witch friend mind if you take the message for me? Tonight 6pm don't be late." Ms. Grant ordered but I curious what will be the interview be about.

"Sure but what will be it about though?" I ask not really minding as I was always been both an interviewer and interviewee myself so many times.

"I know you already know it, the proposal. Haven't she told you yet?" Ms Grant answered like it was the most obvious thing but I was not really sure what was it all about. "No she might about to discuss it later. We're actually going to meet after this."

"Oh, my bad I think I made a spoiler alert. Alright, please don't drag me down, it's not big of a deal to me but I don't know umm...I'm sorry?" Ms. Grant apologizes but I chuckled to the sorry-not-sorry response she gave. "OK. I'll still try to act surprised whenever she drop some proposal speech on me I guess whatever that may be." I just answered to her. "You better be. You may go now, shooo." Ms. Grant adjourns me so I flew back to the DEO to meet Lena.