Chapter 6: It's Now or Never

LENA's POV

I invited Kara tonight in my place wanted to share something important to her but I am not perfectly in control of my body. I'm getting extremely nervous. Untold feelings, romantic feelings I was not sure if I can actually pull it off. My body received chills creeping inside me that do not resemble the night breeze.

I decided to finally confront my feelings with her. I will do it tonight, not because I was being impatient but because I was worried that something was coming. I don't want to ruin the peace of mind we all have at the moment but the feeling encouraged me to gradually face the huge fact that what I am feeling with Kara was already overflowing and I can't continually contain it any longer.

The other week I felt a different sensation closing to me and it feels like magic. I may have not fully advanced to the powers I have but I already come terms to it. Researching, practicing and enhancing the powers I have by using my magic wholeheartedly. My mom's book of spells was complicated but I managed to contact Florence to talk about more of the abilities my mother's use to have which was also inside me. This gave me much awareness of my surroundings and the feelings I have lately was getting kind of unusual like someone was calling me and that I have to do something. I wanted Kara to know about it but at the same I don't want her to worry. I just don't want to keep secrets from her.

I have internal battle with myself and I thought that maybe I am being hyperactive on the magic trainings I have been doing lately on my own. Training with Florence was not a great idea since she said that she was in hiding but to my requests she managed to teach me some, like keeping my mind block from mind readers, creating protective charms and just some simple potions making for injuries. I felt like a fully pledged witch now on top on being a CEO for multiple companies.

I was standing now at my balcony thinking how to break in with Kara the confession I was about to do tonight. I feel like I was being abrupt given the fact that this will be a big leap on our friendship and I should be thinking these things for a millionth times over. Probably this was not a good idea. Should I dismiss this idea of long lived love confession?

"Hey, couch is ready come on." My mind went blank again as I looked at Kara. I think I'm not ready. I think I will never be ready. I told myself. "Oh yeah, sorry I'll be right there." I just told Kara but did not move from where I was standing. Kara though did not went in instead she went closer to me standing beside me on the balcony. Kara looked up and her eyes were unreadable made me ask myself what was inside her pretty little mind right now. 

"You know Lee, when I was in Krypton it was one of my pass times to look in the night sky reciting every star I can name of. When I came here on Earth, my night was mostly spent on the balcony at my home in Midvale constantly thinking of my own world before it was destructed somewhere behind those stars. Every night I just look in the stars, I was trying to tell myself that time that this is my home now because I can still see the stars above too. It would just like Krypton. Krypton has different visible constellations compared to Earth but I have grown to like what I can see in here as time passed. When I went to National City, the stars were not that visible anymore because of the city lights. I went flying many times just to see them from here but I told myself that I don't need them to remind me of home anymore because I have my family here now and where my family is that is my home. Our family Lena." Kara said.

I can feel my eyes getting heavy and as well as my heart. Kara has been a family ever since I came here in National City. We may have a rough journey to come up from where we are right now but everything has made its place and I could never change everything that has been done in the past including the hurt, pain and sacrifices. I think that was necessary maybe that was all I needed to finally come to terms with myself, that no matter what happened through better or worse Kara was already part of who I am, who I have become. She was the one who made me realized I can always be on the good side no matter how bad the people I've been with. From the ones who have great influence on me. She made me a better a person. The gratitude I have with Kara has been overflowing that it makes all emotions I have clearer and something to hold on to.