Chapter 16: The Truth

LENA's POV

The silver tables that I can count to three were filled with beakers and test tubes with different color scheme you can think of. From the hue of reddish compound to the green slurps were mixed on the sides waiting to be combined to another set of colors. Remembering my old self being on a lab for hours even days just get something out from scraps of my imagination came to me. I was born a witch but I grew up as a scientist that part of me will always stay with me. Probably the reason I can easily make things work was it was always in my blood. All the possibilities to where I was supposed to grow up to be had given me a hard time at first to find who I really am. If my mother would not have died when I was younger I may be different person now but everything happens for a reason, this was the present and I will sure the future will work out just fine, together with the ones I love.

As I collect all necessary ingredients I need to make my own summoning portal I took it all on the nearby fireplace. This fireplace was electric as most of the things on my lab were L-Corp tech so traditional fireplace was far outdated. I only used the fireplace or more likely a thermal pit when I need to warm up my experiments, I never thought this will be used for magical related activities. I spilled the mixture I have made earlier to the yet cold piece of metal along the wall, the wood along with it got wet and contented on how much the piece of wood was already soaked, I stopped. As the words of incantation to make fire already familiar on my tongue, sparks flew up from the chunks and seconds later cracking fire was in front me. Now, the summoning spell has to be made. I made a quick deep breaths and I chanted "i vocare te huc veniam."

At first I doubted that this will work seeing the crackling fire has not yet changed. It was still the fire I have made from few seconds ago. Though the wood on it cracked and ashes can be seen getting on the sides already. I never saw any wood burn this fast and in a few moments the fire died down right after. I guess I needed more practice for this. I retrieved my book from the nearby table and I scanned the instruction it gave me checking on what particular thing I made wrong. Checking all things were done as ordered, the ashes turned once again to fire this time in the color of forest green.

Figures can be seen in and out of the flame as I blinked once again they started to climb out of the flame and minutes after around five people in long gowns and cloaks stood up on my silver plated lab. The spark on the fire diminished and the green light coming fire turned once again to ashes.

"I know this time will come and I know it will be sooner, Lena." The woman in the middle spoke and her eyes were fixed at me like a vulture waiting patiently to pick up a lifeless prey.

"The truth is I have not thought it myself that this time will come, with all due respect of course." I replied trying to be as polite as ever knowing that this woman can be the so called Supreme, J'onn talked about who cursed Kara. I don't want to give unnecessary provocations but if things will escalate I know I'm prepared.

"I doubt it Lena. I know that when your true powers awake you'll seek more advice on how to handle it. Your family's here Lena, we have waited for quite some time now." The woman whom she calls herself my family gives chills to my bones and that does not longing for any family member like I did with the ones I have now. What I feel now was threat and my intuitions were usually right.

"Who are you and what do you want from me? I need the whole truth and if you can't give me that, these will the last time I will make any contact with you. I have plenty of experience being back stabbed by a so called family. The blood cannot be really count as a basis for that word. Its true meaning was enlightened to me from the people who really cared about me. You have this time so spill it all out." I went straight to the business and never wasted any more time. This people were from a distant land and I am aware of things that they can be, theoretically since we belong on the same bloodline as they have insinuated.