~12~

I'm standing in front of his house... Felixs' house... Why am I here, you ask?... I wanted to give him presents as a thank you from yesterday... but for some reason I am nervous!

What is happening?!?

"I can do this."- I told myself- "No! But what if he thinks I'm weird!? Or worse! What if he thinks I like him?!... Aah! No, no!"- I whined by myself not to loud so he wouldn't hear.

Look, I was clearly in a mental breakdown.

"Hello?..."- a middle aged woman suddenly opened the door.

I looked crazy... I cleared my throat as if nothing was happening and spoke.

"Hello... Hum.. I thought someone else lived here... Maybe I got the address wrong"- I said and bowed to leave.

"Are you looking for Felix?"- she asked me.

"Hum...yes..."

"I'm his mother. He lives here"- she told me. She must be visiting him from Australia.

"Ah... Hello, I'm Yoon Y/N. Felixs' boss"- I bowed in politeness.

"You are his boss?"- she suddenly smiled wider and I nodded my head -"You look so young! My Felix must be making a good job for you to come visit him at this hour!"- she was thrilled.

"Actually, yes! Your son has been doing a lot for our company and so I came to thank him for that too. He is a great de-"

"Accountant!"- Felix interrupted me as he suddenly appeared behind his mother in the door frame.-"I'm great with numbers and... All that accountants do!"- he said and I was confused.

"Why don't you come for dinner?! I was making one of my best dishes!"- his mother offered.

I looked behind her and Felix was making me all kinds of signals for me not to accept the offer.

"Hum... Sure!"- I nervously said.

To be honest, I am more scared of Felixs' mother than Felix.

We walked inside and it was a cozy little house. I see we are not the worst at payments.

Felix was secretly telling me to leave while his mother cooked dinner but I couldn't just leave, it's rude.

We finally sat at the table and Felixs' mother started making a lot of questions.

"So, how old are you? You seem so young"- she said.

"I'm 21"- I answered.

"Wow! You're the same age as Felix! And look what you achieved already! Felix was always a very distracted kid. He always preferred dancing and drawing to school, so he got a little late in the job game"- she said.

I looked at Felix and he lowered his head. It was clear he felt shame and sadness by his mother's words.

"I think Felix is doing great"- I said and Felix looked at me with big eyes -"I know it's scary, but you should trust your child a little more with his capacities. He is much more hardworking than you may think he is, Mrs. Lee."

"Maybe I should... I mean you're his boss... I just want him to have a good life. He was always into fashion and I'm happy he got out of that idea. He could have not made it"- she said as she ate.

I stayed quiet because I understood what was going on... After dinner was over, I bid my goodbyes to leave. I bowed and moved to leave but Felix followed me. We were all surprised.

"Oh, I'll take her home. She's my boss but still a girl"- he justified himself and I accepted his offer.

*********

We were walking when he broke silence.

"Actually, I followed you to ask if you wanted to have a drink with me?..."- he shyly asked -"It's just... I just need one..."- he said in a sigh.

I nodded my head and he faint smiled at me.
We found a street tent that sold drinks and snacks and so we just sat and drank.

"I love my mom but why can't she support me?... I am actually making it but she just keeps comparing me to everyone else..."- Felix said as he drank a shot of soju.

"Well, I think she is just worried about you... She doesn't want you to have a bad life, full of insecurities... Dance and fashion industry are unstable businesses so I understand her worries... She just wants the best for you"

"She could worry a little less"- he mumbled.

I took a moment to evaluate what he said and I spoke.

"My mother left me at the orphanage when I was 7..."- I confessed and Felixs' head shot up to look surprised at me. -"When my father died, my mother didn't really know how to deal with it... So she left me there... She said she was coming back but she obviously said that so I wouldn't cry... You could see her wanting to leave so bad when I held her hand... That was the first day, I learned about a lie..."

"I'm sorry..."- Felix said.

"It's okay... Just don't be to hard on your mother... It's better to care than not care at all..."- I drank my soju.

"When you said you started a business to survive, you weren't joking..."

"Nop... Unfortunately... And fortunately, cause I'm a millionaire now"- I kept the good side on and Felix chuckled.

"I think you are one of my inspirations"- he said while looking at his little cup -"It must be hard... If you need to talk I'll be here"- he looked at me.

At that moment I felt thankful for him... I felt like the chains that held my heart in pain got a little looser... His words also warmed my heart so the cold memories could melt a little...

"Miss Yoon?... Are you crying?"- he was confused.

"Please call me Y/N. We're the same age, it's weird... Besides, I think of you as a friend now..."- I told him as I erased the tear from my face. -"Oh, wow! It's dusty in here, I think some dust got in my eye. I should leave a complain about hygiene on this place."- I played it off like nothing was happening.

He got up to me and, with his sleeve, he dried my tear. I looked at him and his eyes were shinning as he smiled at my denial of feelings. Again my heart warmed up with him like the sunshine that he is.

"It's okay! I cry too! Don't worry. Let yourself feel everything"- he advised me with his beautiful smile.

And so I cried because no one has ever been there for me...