Bloodstained Snow

Elena stands in a forest, one that she hadn't recognized, and yet it felt familiar. Snow covered the forest floor, but she had not felt the cold. The wind blows strongly against her as the moonlight lights a path through the forest, something ushering her to follow it. Elena swallows hardly before hesitantly taking slow steps through the forest.

"Elliana," A voice calls out from the distance.

The voice had been low and faint. Elliana wasn't her name, but it felt like they were speaking to her. Bright red blood stained the snow as she continued down the path, fear beginning to make its way into her heart. She quickens her pace, the snow crunching beneath her. Something on the ground that she had failed to see made her trip.

She begins to get up, pausing when she sees what she tripped over. A scream filled the forest as she quickly pushed herself away from the dead body. She felt something against her back, she bites her lip scared as she turns to see what it is. Another dead body, his eyes bore into hers and she quickly threw herself up against a tree as tears fill her eyes. She looks down to see herself covered in blood.

Her vision shakes as she looks at her blood-covered hands. She curls up into a ball as she cries.

"Elliana," The same voice from earlier called out.

The voice was in front of her this time, it was the voice of a boy. Elena slowly lifts her head and a blush finds its way on her cheeks. The boy had messy ash-brown hair, his eyes held a bluish-grey color that shines in the moonlight, and he wore a red hooded cloak.

"Do not be frightened," the boy says as he holds his hand out for her.

Tentatively, she grabs his hand. He pulls her off the ground and holds her other hand in his.

"Sweet Elliana, do not be ashamed by the death you caused," He tells her with a smile on his face.

"I am not Elliana," Elena informs with a shaky voice.

The boy frowns at her, for he knows her true identity.

"Tell me, what is your name?" The boy asks.

Elena opens her mouth, but before she could reply a loud boom brought her out of her dream.

Elena's eyes snapped open, her body was covered in sweat, and her heart was pounding violently in her chest. Her eyes searched the room rapidly, a calm feeling taking over her as she spots Rebekah asleep. She slowly pushes the cover, that had been made out of some poor animal's fur, off of her and made her way towards Rebekah. She realizes that it was thunder that had woken her up when she sees Rebekah clutching the wooden knight that Niklaus had carved. She frowns as the memory of Niklaus and Rebekah begins to play in her mind.

Niklaus had chosen to sleep in their room, she had been six at the time, and Rebekah had been five. Elena had woken up out of her sleep as Niklaus had gotten up. Niklaus had made eye contact with Elena before turning to go to Rebekah's side.

"Hush now, it's just a storm, don't be afraid. I won't let it hurt you," Niklaus told Rebekah before getting up.

"Don't go," Rebekah pleaded.

Elena watched as Niklaus pulled out a wooden item and gave it to Rebekah.

"It's a brave knight, now you can be brave too," Niklaus whispered.