The Power Within

"Finn," Elena whispers as she shakes him.

"Finn, wake up," Elena whispers again.

Finn groans before opening his eyes.

"What is it?" Finn asks.

"I wish to practice my magic," Elena informs.

"Elena,"

"Yes?"

"Go to sleep,"

She frowns as Finn turns back around and closes his eyes.

"Finn!" Elena calls out again.

When she got no response she was about to leave the room until her eyes landed on her bracelet. With a small smirk, she took the bracelet off and lifted her finger.

Finn's eyes snapped open once he felt his body was no longer on the ground.

"Elena put me down!" Finn whispers.

Elena only giggled as she let her finger down.

"What were you thinking? You could have hurt someone!" Finn exclaims as he walks towards her.

"I was only playing," Elena says apologetically, looking down at the floor.

"Magic is not something you play with, especially when your magic is that powerful!" Finn chided harshly.

Tears appeared in Elena's eyes but she refused to let them fall.

"Besides you are in no condition to practice magic," Finn sighs.

"I understand, I am sorry,"

"No, if you were you would not have done it," Finn says as he puts her bracelet back on her wrist.

Elena nods her head and walks out of the room. The sound of the door closing behind her made her feel even worse, she hadn't meant to anger Finn. Every step she took towards her room, she could hear the faint sounds of crying. The closer she got, the more she knew who those cries belonged to.

"Henrik,"

Her voice came out small, not wanting to wake Elijah, Niklaus, Kol, and Rebekah. Rebekah was temporarily moved into the boy's room since Elena was injured.

Henrik looked up at her, it was dark but she was still able to see the tears flowing down his face. He silently ran towards her quickly pulling her into a hug.

"What is the matter?"

"I had a scary dream,"

His voice was wobbly as his grip tightened around her.

"It was only a dream, you needn't fear it,"

Henrik only buried his head into her nightclothes.

"Do you want to sleep with me tonight?"

"Yes,"

A small smile emerges on her face as she leads Henrik into her room. It didn't make her happy that Henrik had a nightmare, but she was glad that she could bring him comfort. When they lay down on the bed, she wrapped her arms around Henrik. That night she didn't fall asleep until Henrik did.