Trollmarket

Jim didn't exactly know how long he stood there staring at the bustling market beneath, but he knew that it was long enough for him to get caught off guard by a slight humming that resonated with something inside of himself in a slow rhythmic tune, as that of a beating heart. He couldn't stop himself from sharply intaking air in a small gasp upon seeing the bright orange glow of the heartstone, once again taken by Trollmarket's beauty.

Tears threatened to pile up in his eyes as he tried to swallow a forming lump in his throat, unprepared for the backlash of emotions he thought he could keep under check when he saw Trollmarket again. 

Trollmarket was here. 

Trollmarket was safe. 

Jim let out a shaky breath in an attempt to calm himself down, blinking away whatever tears had pooled in his eyes. A wave of nostalgia, peace, and serenity washed over the once Trollhunter as he continued to stare, mouth slightly gaping as he etched every detail of the troll utopia into his mind's eye with a silent oath to himself to never let this place fall again. 

It wasn't until AARRRGGHH!! had to gently nudge Jim forward did the teen realise that the others had all walked on ahead, Blinky leading the group onwards as AARRRGGHH!! kept unwanted attention from the group. 

Slowly the group made its way to the Heartstone as Blinky gave a rather quick tour and explanation on how humans have never walked on Trollmarket's grounds before, as evident by the many stares, gasps, and murmurs that started going around as the group walked. Everything went just as Jim imagined it would, Toby fanboying over rocks and minerals, while Claire was taking an interest in the stalls and wears that were being sold. Jim on the other hand, just stumbled across a couple of gnomes that skittering about beneath him, allowing for a small smile to creep its way up to his face before he pulled out a couple of nougat nummies, which he offered to the gnomes, from his satchel bag who accepted the good graciously, leaving the teen alone for today. 

A small chuckle rumbled from Blinky as he saw Jim's small act of kindness. "There's hardly any need for such kindness towards those gnomes, young Jim." Blinky started "they are but pests after all, we only tolerate them for their grooming services." He said as he gestured to AARRRGGHH!! who now had a couple of gnomes on him trying to groom the bigger troll before he abruptly flicked them off of his shoulder with a bored expression. "They eat the parasites off the larger trolls." Blinky clarified seeing the confusion written on Claire’s face. 

"Jim! Jim!" Toby called excitedly as they neared the heartstone "Check it out! Maximum coolosity there!" He called out to his best friend as he started running towards the Heartstone. Jim simply smiled and followed behind, looking up in awe at the sight of a once again living Heartstone while Claire stopped right next to Jim, mouth gaping as she watched the glowing orange crystal radiate it's warm glow. 

"Magnífico…" Jim heard Claire breathe out softly, which only made the former smile even more. Very glad that Claire hadn't run off screaming as of yet. 

"Heartstone" AARRRGGHH!! Identified for the humans, before Blinky clarified "the life-force of troll kind, the means that keep us from crumbling to stone and a source of light and sustenance." 

"Okay, that's totally the bomb." Toby stated as he looked over to the other teens that stood next to him to look at the giant crystal. The other two returned his glance as if to agree with the statement, when all of a sudden voices started to surround the group. 

"What are humans doing here?!" 

"Fleshbags!" 

"Puny!" 

"I think we attracted the paparazzi" Toby said sarcastically which warned a slight nod from Claire as Jim simply watched the crowd grow with trolls he would have dared called friend back in his timelines, some of them he even remembered, had fallen during Gunmar's attack on Trollmarket.