plans to begin

If it weren't for Douxie leaning against the kitchen window making some coffee and talking with a slightly taller Jim, Barbara would have pushed whatever happened last night up to her imagination. She was so glad she was given a day off today.

"I'm telling you, Jim. It's strange. One minute I'm closing up the bookstore, the next I get this head splitting migraine, then boom, memories are back." Douxie said his hand moved around dramatically trying to add emphasis on the 'boom' part before sipping on his coffee. 

"Jim?" Barbara asked, walking into the kitchen with rather dark bags under her eyes. After all, how could she sleep with what happened the previous night? 

"Morning, mom." Jim said as he gave her a plate with some bacon and eggs on it. "Here's your breakfast!" 

She thanked her son as she grabbed hold of the plate, now only taking note of the two extra plates of breakfast on the counter. As she was about to ask if they had eaten breakfast, Archie walked over next to her before he spoke. 

"I think it's time for us to eat, no?" The black cat asked, causing the two teens to scramble about and pick up their own plates before sitting at the table. 

The rest of their breakfast went smoothly, a lighthearted conversation filling the house with the tales from the two boys. From the way the two boys talked, Barbra knew just how much they cared for their friends. 

Once their stomachs were full, -except for Jim who apparently found a slight foul taste in his own bacon and eggs and didn't eat much- Douxie magically levitated their plates back to the kitchen, allowing his magic to do the work for them. 

"Now for the real planning," Douxie started, standing up and heading down to the basement with the Lakes. Barbra took a minute to stare at the giant white board hanging up on one of the basement walls, covered in writings. 

Douxie and Jim stood next to the board, marker in hand and writing down the timeline of events. 

"We know for a fact that this is what inevitably has to happen." Douxie said, circling a few places with a red marker over the black writing. 

"And this is where things have changed already." Jim added writing down a few details in blue. 

Barbara looked between the two of them in surprise. There were a lot of events to keep track of. "Boys? How long have you travelled back in time?" She managed to ask, walking closer and inspecting the timeline herself. 

"Two years, give or take a few months." Douxie commented, picking up a green marker. "So Jim? What are we going to change?" 

Barbara just stood there staring at the two boys who continued to write and plan on the giant whiteboard. Two years. Her son and his friends had spent two years battling and fighting to protect the world. Taking a deep breath, Barbara took a closer look at the timeline laid in front of her, taking note of whatever was circled in red- specifically the last note on the timeline, simply titled "titans" with "must prevent, 0 casualties." written underneath the title in all caps with the red marker. 

Barbara wasn't exactly filled in on all the details, her son seemingly uncomfortable with talking about it so she didn't pry. But that didn't mean she wasn't curious and worried. 

"Alright," Douxie started. "What's the first order of business, Jim?" 

Jim took a moment, thinking with his hand to his chin. He drew a line from a point in the timeline before he spoke. "Currently, we're here. Tonight, Tobes should fight with Draal for the first time." He said with a small frown.