setting challenges

"Shhh! You'll wake the boy up!" A hushed whisper sounded as long pointed ears swiveled around like a cat's to pinpoint the location of the sound. Stony, blue eyes fluttered open as a yawn escaped the once sleeping teen.

Sitting up, Jim took a moment to take in his familiar surroundings. He was in Blinky's Library- or well, to be more specific, the dwelling that was directly connected to the library. For a moment, Jim sat up and stayed there trying to remember what he was doing there, when he suddenly remembered Blinky carrying him off to his home as he fell asleep in his father's arms.

Hearing whispers from the other room, Jim got up from the makeshift nest made from blankets and pillows to peek outside of the balcony that overlooked the library, trying to find the source of the hushed voices.

Finding an empty library, he started heading out of the spare bedroom to head to the other living space that was connected to the library, hoping to find the troll he was looking for.

Soon, soft voices filled the air, a hushed conversation happening just behind the door to the other room. With a soft smile, Jim gently rapped the driftwood door, not wanting to cause any panic from entering a private room. He didn't want to poke and prod at a troll's possessive instincts and personal boundaries, if his own instincts were an indication.

Shuffling was heard from the other side, Jim's keen ears managing to pick up the two sets of footsteps coming over to the door. Blinky cracked the door open just a bit to peek out, once seeing that it was Jim, the opening widened, a smile managing to place itself on Blinky's face.

"You're awake! I hope we didn't wake you..." the older troll said, stepping outside and allowing AARRRGGHH!! to step outside.

With a smile of his own, Jim allowed the two trolls to move out of the room. "No, I was already waking up." He said before a slight frown found its way to the teen's features. "Is.. is everything alright?"

A gentle smile crossed on both the faces of the adult trolls. Blinky taking a step closer, placing a hand on Jim's shoulder. "Everything is alright. Nothing to worry about, young one."

AARRRGGHH!! Gave out a soft rumble of approval before holding out a small pile of clothes. "Blinky made gifts for Hunter. Troll clothes."

Jim blinked once. Then twice, trying to figure out why he was called 'Hunter', before realising that Blinky had gotten him some clothes. Looking down at himself, he realised that he was wearing a hoodie vest and jogging pants, not exactly troll-like.

"I figured, you must have gotten those out of some old trash heap. Not the most comfortable, I assume?" Blinky asked, taking the clothes from his companion before handing them over to Jim.

The teen smiled before taking the clothes from Blinky. The old troll was right, human clothes were rather uncomfortable and easily ripped. "Thank you, but you didn't have to get me anything." He said before looking around for a place to change.

"Nonsense!" The mentor exclaimed, leading the boy to a corner where he could change in privacy. "We've talked it over with Vendel, and he suggested we keep you under our care." He said with a happy tone in his voice, before quickly adding, "That is if you'd like us to." That's when he realised that it must have been the alias Vendel gave him when he talked with Blinky and AARRRGGHH!! About him.

Quickly getting out of his human clothes, Jim easily managed to fit into his new ones, feeling a great deal more comfortable now than ever. He couldn't remember the last time he felt more comfortable in clothes as a troll.

Jim looked over himself, a simple deep blue tunic with way too large sleeves and some baggy pants that seemed to have been ripped at the bottom. The clothes itself wasn't too bad, a few patches and holes here and there but it wasn't something he couldn't work around. He would however need to stitch up the hem on the pants if he didn't want them tearing up even more, and he needed a way to secure the sleeves too, doubting that there was any kind of rubber around the place.