trollhunters untold

The void was as it always was, dark with a faint eerie glow. The whispers of ghosts surrounded him, not aggressive nor negative. Only faint murmurs as if they were just having a regular conversation. 

"James Lake Jr." The familiar voice of Kanjigar boomed, silencing the whispers of the void as he materialised in front of the half-troll, towering over him in an intimidating manner. 

Jim stood tall, knowing that the act was not to intimidate him, but was just how kanjigar the courageous carried himself. The teen stared at his predecessor, watching for any indication of disapproval, so it was a surprise to him when the mighty Kanjigar knelt down to Jim. 

"Uh…?" Jim asked in confusion, not understanding the actions of his predecessor before suddenly being given a solid whack to his back, sending him stumbling forward. 

"Good to see ya got the gift, skinny!" The half-troll's eyes went as wide as saucers the moment he heard that familiar voice. Hesitantly, he turned to face the one who gave him the not so gentle pat on the back, only to be met by the cheery face of his surrogate troll sister, Deya. 

Catching his breath, Jim stared at her for a couple of seconds before shaking off the confusion and astonishment of her being there, earning himself a chorus of chuckles and laughter from the elder council. 

"You're probably wondering, "Deya, how are you here?" Right?" The gutter troll asked, taking a step forward, her hands on her hips. "The void is timeless, so your little time travel trick doesn't work here." She said, giving the boy in front of her a smile. 

"B-but how?! At this point in time, your soul should still be with Angor Rot!" Jim exclaimed, finally finding the words to say as tears started to cloud his vision as he continued to observe his sister, noticing that she no longer was in her trollhunter armor.

"Well…" Deya trailed off, rubbing the back of her head as her eyebrows knitted together. "Technically, it is… the trollhunter part anyway." She said, gesturing to herself, more specifically her attire. 

"James," Kanjigar’s voice sounded from behind the teen, gaining his attention as he whipped around to face the bigger troll. "We know what you've done," he started gesturing to the ceiling where constellations depicting his feats shone bright. "We also know of your plans, and although many of us disapprove, we believe that it might just work..." 

"What he's saying is," Deya stepped closer to the teen before grabbing hold of him in a headlock and ruffling his mane. "We remember, and we'll back you up." She said with a gentle smile before quickly adding. "And by we, I mean me, Kanjigar, Maddrux, and Araknak. We've got you covered, kid." 

Jim couldn't help but smile through teary eyes, as he took in their words before remembering that they had called for him. Straightening up and wiping away his tears with the hem of his sleeve, he faced his predecessors with a steeled expression. "If… if you know what happened… Why did you call for me?" He asked after a while. 

"Isn't it obvious?" Deya asked, eyebrows raised with a worried expression. 

"You have too much on your shoulders, James." Kanjigar explained. 

"We may not be able to help you carry this burden," a new voice came forth as another female troll formed from the mist of the void, tall and thin just like Nomura's species. "But allow us to help lessen it for you." 

"I always found it much easier to carry the responsibility when speaking to those who are willing to listen." Another troll- shorter than most, sporting six eyes and four arms just like Blinky- stepped forward, not in armour.