fight of fists and spirits

The sound of trolls filling the stadium of the forge surrounded the area. Many were shouting with excitement, others murmuring in confusion, discussing the sudden event. They all knew of Draal the Deadly, no one was idiotic enough to challange him ever since the battle of Killahead.

Jim sat on a crate in the preparation room he was in, getting himself ready for his fight with Draal as Blinky and AARRRGGHH!! Kept him company while they panicked for him, Toby only seeming to be confused.

“Uh… so why is Blinky pacing around like that?” The new trollhunter asked the bigger troll sitting right next to him as Jim fidgeted with the bandages that secured the sleeve on his left. 

“Hunter family now. Blinky worried.” AARRRGGHH!! Replied, a worried tone in his gruff voice. “AARRRGGHH!! Worried too…”

“Oh…” Toby mumbled, looking between the trolls in the room. “Um, so why is it that this is a battle to the death?” he asked, glancing towards Jim with slight worry. 

“Master Tobias,” Blinky started, turning to face the trollhunter, his hands fidgeting with anything to keep them busy as his worried thoughts raced within his mind. “To challenge a troll is to challenge their honor. And-”

“And to a troll, honor is everything. Especially for Draal.” a raspy female voice sounded from the corridor leading to the room as the sound of her hooves on stone could be heard, causing Jim to perk up immediately. 

All heads turned towards the darkened entryway as a tall pink troll walked in, behind her stood Vendel as he made sure she wouldn't collapse on the way there. Everyone in the room was stunned, Toby from surprise while Blinky and AARRRGGHH!! Just watched her every move, not trusting the changeling in the slightest. Jim, being the first to recover, immediately ran over to her side and helped her to sit on a bench to relieve her from the strain of her injury. 

“Nomura, what are you doing here?! You should be in bedrest…” Jim hissed slightly in concern, making sure that she wasn't in any kind of pain or discomfort. 

“I heard you were going up against Draal.” the pink changeling replied, gently ruffling Jim’s hair while a hand cradled her injured side in case the bandages got loose. 

“She refused to stay still the moment I had mentioned your challenge to her.” Vendel chimed, getting closer to inspect the bandages, gesturing for Blinky to get closer in order to help him with fixing up some loose ends as his hands and fingers were too big. 

“I wouldn’t miss it for the world, little Gynt.” Nomura smirked, eyeing the teal troll that grumbled something under his breath about not wanting to help the changeling.  Truthfully, Blinky didn’t care for the changeling. Nor did he want to help her, but seeing the way she interacted with the young troll welp, and how worried he had been about her, who was he to deny the boy peace of mind?

Jim just watched his father figure work on Nomura for a while, the room falling silent as all words died in their throats from the awkward atmosphere. Noticing the nervous scent Jim was giving off, Nomura couldn’t help but smile and pull Jim in for a side hug with one arm. “Relax kid, you’ll do just fine. You went up against Bular and lived, didn't you?” she reminded, hoping that would be enough to calm him. 

“That… that is true…” he mumbled, not looking up to her or anyone else in the room, his gaze instead rested on the ground beneath his feet. Truth be told, he wasn't really worried about fighting Draal. He knew for a fact that he could easily win, but it wasn't the winning that was worrying him; it was the fear of accidentally hurting Draal, the troll he once called his brother in the other timeline. The very same troll that had sacrificed himself to save him.