.018

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Everyone starts filing out of the church after Sasha. "C'mon," Carl says. He pulls me along with him, my hand still in his grasp. Before we can get outside, her cries are audible and I'm afraid of what I will see when we get out there.

"Bob! Bob!" she screams frantically. The voice is so shrill as she says his name that I'm positive her vocals will be in my nightmares at some point.

We only make it to the top step when Glenn starts shouting orders. "Get Bob inside! We'll take care of him!" I see his body lying in the grass, the moonlight being the only thing helping me make out his missing leg.

"Oh my god," I mutter, stumbling backwards. Carl catches me. I think I could puke. The scent of death funnels through the air and is accompanied by the sound of moaning walkers. Rick, Maggie, and Michonne worry about killing them while Sasha and Glenn pick up what's left of Bob.

"Get inside!" Rick screams as he fires off several shots randomly into the woods. I don't object and begin inside as soon as I gather my bearings. Glenn and Sasha fly inside before us and Rick, Maggie, Tara, and Michonne come in behind. Rosita and Abraham come in last. Eugene and Gabriel hadn't left at all. I wasn't expecting anything less of the two.

Orders are shouted out as blankets and a pillow are arranged on the floor for Bob. Without Carol here, there's very little we can do, medically speaking. That's not even considering the lack of supplies we have at the moment. He's covered in sweat and his shirt is stained with patches of blood. Sasha sets his head into her lap, but I can tell even that small act can't bring him any sort of comfort because, after all, his leg is missing.

"I was in the graveyard," he begins. "Somebody knocked me out, and I woke up outside this place. It looked like a school." He lifts his head slightly and lands his eyes on Sasha. "It was that guy. It was Gareth and five other ones."

I suck in a breath. Gareth is alive and he's close. He's the one that's been watching us. I look up to Rick, who has his eyes trained intently on an unknown point in the distance. "They were eating my leg right in front of me - just like it was nothing." Bob's breathing quickens as he recounts the memory. I can't imagine having to watch that. My hand is sweating. Maybe it's Carl's sweat. I can't tell. "They were all proud like they had it all figured out."

Rick leans forward. "Did they have Daryl and Carol?" I suck in a breath as I wait for the response I'm not sure I'm ready to hear the truth. If the others have them, they could be going through the same thing Bob went through right this second. If they don't, the two could be in much worse trouble.

Bob looks at the ground with a confused expression. "Gareth said they drove off." We all exchange glances. They drove off? What does that even mean? How did we not see or hear them leave? Bob starts grimacing very loudly and I know he's hurting. He just lost his entire leg.