Chapter 2 - Thanks for your help Molly

~~~ Ashleigh and Mina talk

While Ashleigh was eating the breakfast he had brought, Josh's mother contacted him via the bond, *You are right about the baby. He does have the shifter genes and they are active. Patty entered the data in the system and there were several other hits but no name. It is a rogue who made her pregnant.* She was sitting next to Ashleigh with an arm around her shoulders, "Take your time eating since there is plenty more for you when you are hungry. Once you finish you can nurse and then try and get a couple hours of sleep." *I stopped him from shifting for the moment.*

Josh wanted to growl when his mother contacted him and gave him the information. Lone Wolves were one thing since they were simply wolves who wished to live apart from a pack. Rogues refused to obey the laws and across the board most Were's despised them and hunted them down, *Thank you for the information mom. I am sure dad has the information as well. I will touch base with him when Adam and I go and talk to him about what we found.* "I agree with mom Ashleigh, take your time and don't stuff yourself. When you get hungry again someone will bring you more food." He had to blush when his mother mentioned nursing and he mentally muttered at her.

Ashleigh really tried to take her time, but it was hard, "It has been a while since I had something this good to eat. Please thank whoever made it for me." By the time she was done most of the food was gone and she was starting to yawn.

Josh smiled at her, "I'll let Molly know and when you are up for visitors I'm sure she would enjoy coming to say hello. Now I'll give you some privacy to feed your baby. We were coming back from a job when we found you. I need to go and talk to my dad about the job and what will be needed to complete it." He stood and stopped by the crib for a moment and smiled down at the baby. He was a cute baby and he could definitely smell the fur under skin scent, "Sleep well little guy." He made sure he had the tray before leaving the room.

Once he was gone his mother was grinning as he shook her head, "So easy to pick on him. He can do the dirtiest work around here but mentioning delivery and nursing will make him run. Well when it comes to human deliveries. I have seen him spend an entire night in a field helping a cow or mare deliver." She traded a look with Ashleigh when she said it.

She had to smile back at her and at Josh's retreating back, "It was rather funny how he almost ran out of here." Ashleigh sighed and elevated the head of the bed, "I feel so stupid, but I really don't have any idea on how to take care of a baby. Will you please help me Ma'am?" She hadn't expected to be pregnant for several years, but he hadn't asked what she wanted.

Mina shifted slightly and lifted a hand to her cheek and stroked it, "Of course, I would hun and you can call me Mina if you want. No need to call me Ma'am. When you are feeling better I would like to talk to you about the father. If you simply don't want to I will drop the subject but at the very least, we should know in case there are medical issues." She wanted the information, so they could find the bastard and kill him.

Ashleigh sighed and looked down at the covers on the bed, "Frankly I never want to think of him again. I understand what you are saying but..." She had to shake her head since she simply couldn't talk about him or the time with him. She didn't know when she might be able to talk about it.

Her response was pretty much what she had expected the answer to be, but Mina had hoped for something more. At least they weren't going to have to break the fact her son was a pup for the moment since she'd blocked his first change. It wouldn't harm him, but he was going to need to change in the next couple weeks or it could, "I just wanted to mention it but as I said no pressure. Now when you pick up a newborn you need to..." She helped Ashleigh with the baby and feeding him. Once Ashleigh and the baby were asleep Mina headed over to the main house.