Epilogue

~~~ Molly and Josh

Ashleigh was glad her mother had left yesterday. She had felt really bad about what they had to do thanks to her big mouth. She had flown out the other day with promises to keep in touch. Currently she was in the Luna's office talking to her, "I am so sorry Luna for shooting my mouth off. I don't know what overcame me. I..." She gave her a helpless shrug.

Even though the Luna wanted to comfort the young woman right now wasn't the right time, "You are right, you shouldn't have. One of the hardest things for any potential human pack mate is keeping it from family. I want you to think about this and I am going to assign you some homework. Kylie is going to sit down with you and teach you the pack rules and laws. You need to pay very close attention to the section dealing with humans in the pack. Right now, you would just be a human joining the pack. When or if you and Kylie decide you wish to take your relationship further then we will revisit this. Since it is the weekend I expect you to study and start learning. Monday I will see you in my office after breakfast to review what you have learned." It was an obvious dismissal.

Once Ashleigh had left the office Mina leaned back in her chair and considered the girl, *Doctor O'Shea when you get a chance schedule an appointment for Ashleigh. Make sure her hormones are doing okay. I would also like to see if some counseling might be recommended. Send me a report once you are done. This isn't urgent, just in the next few days.* Once she sent the message she entered some notes in the computer. Once done she debated on what might need to be done with Bethany. She just didn't get the feeling she would do well knowing what she did. It was a combination of years of experience and how the woman came across.

It wasn't she was small minded, she just didn't have a very wide amount of experience. She rarely ever left the town she lived in, had worked the same jobs for ages, and didn't do much outside the house. A better term, though not used much anymore, was a homebody. She was comfortable in her life and didn't want to change anything. That type of person rarely did well learning about the supernatural. After thinking about it she lifted her phone and placed a call to the pack nearest Bethany. When it was answered she smiled, "This is Luna Callahan from the Fossil Valley Pack in Oregon. I need to talk to the Luna please."

She had looked at the notes they had on the pack, not much due to the distance, and the Luna was fairly young. The Luna there was only 80 years old and been working as the Luna for a bit over 20 years. When the young woman came on she answered, "This is Luna Carpenter, please call me Stasia. How may I help you Luna Callahan?"

"I am going to send you some secured documents. Long story short, we have a young woman who recently delivered a lycan pup. The woman is human and was forced to get pregnant by a rogue. Her mother is... and she works at... I would appreciate it if you could just keep an eye out on her. I am positive the rogue knows about her. He would easily kill or change her mother just to try and get the baby back. The file with have the pertinent information." She sent the files to the woman.

"I am sorry to hear it Luna Callahan. Once my mate and I have reviewed them we will decide what we can do. I will call you back when we have a decision. How great of a chance do you think he might try and do something here?" She had sent to her mate and he was listening in now.

Mina had already considered this, "Please call me Mina, Stasia. For him to come I highly doubt it, Snarl is on the job. He might send either a different supernatural or even some humans. On that I am not sure. For the moment I would tentatively say the chances are low. It's at best a guess. If we learn anything I will ensure myself, my mate, or our security Beta contacts you."

"Thanks for the call Mina, at least we have some warning which is more than we had. I will send you updated contact information for our senior enforcer as well. Hope the girl and baby do well. I have a meeting I need to get to. Don't hesitate to call if needed, oh, does she know about us?" The thought had just occurred to her.