3/30: Hearts of Darkness by dolcevita

TEEN WOLF FANFIC OF THE WEEK

TITLE: Hearts of Darkness

AUTHOR: dolcevita (formerly teenwxlfqueen)

LOVE INTEREST: Scott McCall

SUMMARY: "I've lived a lot of different lives, been different people many times. I live my life in bitterness; and fill my heart with emptiness."

Lena Roth was bad at being bad.

So, unaware of the innocence within the young girl, the Oni rob Lena of her human life, and provide her with a spirit-bound one. But Lena, unlike the other Oni, who were confined to the demon appearance, could walk around as a human, and seem normal to anyone with eyes not yet exposed to the supernatural.

But with the ability came consequences. Lena needed to fight for something, for someone, if she wanted to live as a human. If she let her love and light slip away, the darkness would consume her, and she'd be doomed to a life behind the frowning mask of an Oni, just like the others. Muted, with hearts filled with darkness.

But Lena destroys everything she gets close to, and her new anchor is the one person she never wanted to hurt.

[season three; book one]

REVIEW FROM @VIVIDPARACOSM: There are a lot of stories involving teen wolf on this site, and I know very well that ideas are always clashing and, sometimes, create issues. This isn't one of those stories. I was extremely relieved, not only at the quality writer the author is, but the fact that the idea of the story seemed unlike something I have come across before in fanfiction. Lena Roth's character is the epitome of complicated, and I think that that is what compells people into her life. She isn't the villain, she isn't the hero, but just a girl who had the humanity taken from her at the age of seventeen. Everything about this is stellar writing, from the choice of using Avril Lavigne and The Pretty Reckless as Lena's go-to artists to the fact that you managed to make this beautiful character that was based off the demons that live within us and the overarching factor that the light that someone can show may not always be completely vibrant from the darkness behind the face.

Huge, huge props to Ryan. I'm excited to continue reading beyond just the first few chapters, and it's obvious that it is going to become even more successful than it already is. I have a feeling that this is going to be one of the teen wolf fanfictions that I stick around to read every time it's updated, and hope that you guys do to. Love you, girly!

QUOTES FROM THE READERS: "Lena is the bae, as you said. I love her. She's so interesting and confident and unique. She makes everything more interesting." - -queedom-

"This has a profound amount of awesomeness, like the idea ridiculously amazing and I just love this already." - overfleur

"This will result in me throwing things because my feels just can't. omfg. This sounds so good." - whittesmores