10/26: Sun Rays by -delusion

TEEN WOLF FAN FICTION OF THE WEEK

TITLE: Sun Rays

AUTHOR: -delusion

LOVE INTEREST: An Original Character

SUMMARY: "Was this what it was like to die?"

Kate never expected much. After her mom died her and her aunt hopped from place to place, never really settling down. Then she arrives in Beacon Hills. Kate meets a mysterious boy and she begins to think she can have a life again. Until she starts to see things. Dangerous things. She doesn't really she stepped into the secret world of Beacon Hills and once you go in, you never, ever, come out.

REVIEW FROM simplystiles- :

Okay so this story has been requested to be the fan fiction of the week by several people for several weeks, and honestly I wanted to check it out and see for myself why it was getting so many people requesting it. As soon as I began chapter one, I got a huge nostalgic wave for TVD. Not only does the OC have so many similarities to Elena Gilbert, her face claim is Nina (which if you guys know me, you know I love Nina more than life) so that was a hook right away. As I read on, I realized that this wasn't going to be your typical Teen Wolf fan fiction where the OC (her name is Kate) falls in love with Stiles, Scott, Derek, Isaac, Jackson, heck even the female characters of the show. No, what Adaline (the author) decided to do, was place Kate in the television plot line but have her love interest be yet ANOTHER OC. Which sets this fan fiction apart from most. I was super excited to see that Kate's story was different from the television shows plot, because it made the main characters seem like the minor characters to her plot. It was just an all around interesting take on a teen wolf fan fiction.

Onto the grammar, sentence structure and overall layout of the story. I'm not a grammar natzi or anything of that nature, but it does bother me to an extent. I understand that proofreading is a pain (half the time I don't do it myself) so it's something that can be overlooked for many people. There isn't much internal monologue from Kate, I'd love for that to be a main focus for the overall story in the sequel. Internal monologue is important, it helps us readers connect to the characters of the story so much easier. The episodes were broken into two pieces, meaning two chapters per episode, which in my opinion is the best way to do it. There is also a playlist posted at the end, which is always a nice added bonus to help us readers get a feel for what songs helped to inspire the overall story. Basically, it's not perfect, but it's damn near impossible to find a story without grammatical errors and poor dialogue from time to time. I still recommend this book if you want to read a TW fan fiction that correlates with a TVD feel.

QUOTES FROM READERS:

" *insert a million heart eyed emojis* " - Teen_Wolf_is_life1

"Dude. What a way to end a chapter! The details are FLAWLESS!" -Teenwolfistheonlybae

"Jeez I have f*ckin chills." -xoxoTeenWolfxoxo