10/19: Afterlife by -voidallison

TEEN WOLF FAN FICTION OF THE WEEK

TITLE: Afterlife

AUTHOR: -voidallison

LOVE INTEREST: Allison Argent

SUMMARY: "Not all endings are bad. Most times they're just beginnings in disguise."

In which Corey Walker dies and lives in the state between life and death; where he manages to find a girl who can see and hear him in the real world. Who is that you may ask? Well, that girl just so happens to be named Allison Argent.

REVIEW FROM VIVIDPARACOSM: You should have named this, 'Best Way to efficiently kill Emily' because that's what you did to me. So, K, Taylor. We need to sit down and have a talk about this book. A long discussion about what cruel use of words means, and much damage it does to people with small, fragile hearts that aren't able to handle your usage of literature. For everyone wanting to know what this book will do to you: Taylor, the author, has decided that it would be a great idea to throw Grant Gustin's face in a fanfiction about a boy that dies (strike number one) and sees Allison Argent (strike number two) while he's dead. To make matters worse, she thought that it would be even better to make Corey fall in love with Allison. There's the third strike. You win a mental, metaphorical Oni stab wound, Taylor.

Now, from the completely grammatical point of view, this story is very well written and makes sure that a clear picture is painted. Granted, most of them are really heartbreaking and have you feeling like someone just stuck their hand into your heart, but still. The chapters are long enough to keep you scrolling for more, and the way that the author uses first person makes you feel like you are really experiencing the events happening. Coming from someone who rarely ever reads first person stories and is horrid at writing them, this story is a gem found in a sea of others. My favorite line was in chapter sixteen where Corey is talking about Erica and Isaac, and says: "I might be dead, but I'll make sure they wake up on the other side with me," which, you know, obliterates my existence but it's whatever. Who needs a soul anyway?

Overall, I absolutely love this story. It has enough chapters to keep you wanting more, and it only makes me want to scream at the person in charge of the limbo/bardo/eternal hell for me state that Corey is in. If any of you are looking for an Allison Argent story because you're too deep into the sadness of her departure which is all of us check out Afterlife.

QUOTES FROM READERS: "Bc Corey is a cupcake and everyone loves him even when he's dead." - thelionqueen14 (But, the accuracy.)

"So this is amazing." - seanswalcott

"This is so good wtf." - sebastianstans

"I LOVE THIS STORY SO MUCH OG MSYX." - EmmaAndJax

"I am loving this story! I literally check my updates every hour waiting to see if this story is updated. Such a good idea."