9/28: Gotham by narcissyblack

TEEN WOLF FANFICTION OF THE WEEK

TITLE: Gotham

AUTHOR: narcissyblack

LOVE INTEREST: Derek Hale

SUMMARY: "We were happy," she said, her eyes brimming, and downcast, "We were happy and they punished us for that."

REVIEW FROM simplystiles-: Okay, where do I even start. I don't normally have much time to get invested into several different stories, due to my schedule, but when I checked this one out on my break at work the other day, I was hooked. I was trying to read as I ran the front office and I kept getting distracted, so I eventually excused myself to go to the "restroom" just so I could finish the chapter. The author has done a wonderful job with description, and if you didn't know I'm addicted to word porn, especially big words and a paragraph full of description for just one thing. There are only two parts currently posted, but it was enough to get me drawn in, wanting to know what happened to Haven (the main character) and how she ends up with Derek. I don't want to give spoilers, but I will say that the Alpha pack is involved and I always enjoy reading people's different take on how they interacted with one another.

Overall, I recommend simply because it's different. It's refreshing to see a fan fiction about Derek where the OC isn't super young or related to Scott or Stiles. Also, the cover is total eye candy and Genevieve Padalecki is the face claim soooo that alone was enough to drag me in. There are of course the usual missed spelling errors and such, but everyone author is guilty of that. It's well written and is in third person, which is also hard to find a good story written in that point of view. I enjoyed it and I hope you all do, too.

QUOTES FROM READERS:

"your writing is so amazing *insert heart eyes emoji*"  -mysticisms

"I am in love. This is really good!" - lacuna-

"legit one of my new favsss" -kelsietaylor22