Chapter 192: The Proposal Preparations and Kitty Cat Babysitting

Azrael was an angel of his word and Miruku was oblivious to Rasim's plans. The archangel was also adamant about being invited to the wedding and claimed that: 'Michi will just have to suffer in silence and Jophiel can handle my work for a couple of hours, no biggie'...His smug grin left Rasim actually feeling sorry for the Warrior Archangel.

"Ah! Nyx! No! You can't go in there!" Miruku's voice yelped in a startled laugh.

Rasim looked up from the table where he had been reading, watching his beloved dig into her kimono sleeve trying to dislodge the furry kitten who had decided to play hide-and-seek in the fabric. By now everyone in the hotel was used to Nyx and the Music Studio patrons adored her and Fat Nuggets. Together the cat and pig were calm and playful towards each other, but keep them apart and Nyx would play with anyone and anything that intrigued her regardless if it was safe or not.

Which lead to many miniature heart attacks for her previous babysitters (Husker, Vaggie, Mimzy, and Angel Dust). The kitten was quite a force to be reckoned with if left unsupervised. That's what Mimzy and Vaggie said while Husker simply glared at the kitten and sneered a comedic, 'you know what you did' towards the kitten as she played with her squeaky fish toy. Angel Dust just laughed and wished them good luck.

It was a little jarring to Rasim back then, but now he understood what they meant. She's a handful! And in the span of a few hours he come to affectionately name her the little Night-Terror of the Hazbin Hotel.

"Nyxxxxx! Come on out of my kimono sleeve please! I'm serious now!" Miruku begged although the hotels resident fur ball deftly avoided her hand that was feeling around in her own sleeve, trying to physically pull the kitten out.

"Meooww~"

Rasim swears that kitten sounded like a bratty child as she meowed her protests towards the grumbling demoness.

Setting his book down on the small table near the balcony, Rasim stood up from his chair and walked over to the snack dish that had been left on the coffee table earlier this morning by Josephine before the doe demoness left for the Music Studio.

They were ever so graciously left to babysit Nyx because Husker apparently needed a day off and they weren't planning on going anywhere anyway.

It was the day before the planned proposal and even though Rasim wanted a day to themselves while the others discreetly set everything up at the Grace Park they were left to babysit the spoiled little Night-Terror. Not that he really minded...he also needed a day to not panic over his plans going up in flames to the point he makes himself sick. He stared at nothing and everything and wasn't really there in the moment as his mind wandered before it was abruptly yanked out of the rabbit hole of paranoia. *Nope...stop thinking about the what ifs and focus. It'll be fine. I know her. She'll say yes...at least I hope she will?*

Spending his day with Miruku was another reminder to him of everything he'll gain by proposing to her...but the subconscious fear of rejection and emotional pain was nagging at the back of his mind like a pesky mosquito.

"Meowwwr~" The pouting meows brought Rasim out of his spiraling thoughts and back to the present situation.

*Ah, right...the kitten.* He chuckled softly to himself over Miruku's exasperated groaning and picked up a piece of dried fish cracker from the kittens snack plate and whistled.

"Hey you little Night-Terror, get out of her kimono sleeve and come over here." Rasim called sternly.

"Meowr?" Nyx's head poked out of Miruku's sleeve, glancing towards the demon in question. Her eyes brightened as she noticed the snack being offered to her and leaped out of Miruku's sleeve, rushing over to Rasim instead.