Chapter 13

My little one was crying as the contractions got closer. We would be meeting our son or daughter soon.

The doctor came in and checked. It was time to push. Angel pushed for an hour till our son was born. We had a son. Angel cried as she kissed his little face.

I teared up watching them both.
My crew came in and Wes ran to Angel. He was so worried about her the whole time. Tyler cared alot for her as well but he wanted to hold the baby.

We named our son David and he was adorable. Angel did a awesome job. I kissed her and chuckled as Tyler sat holding him. He spoke softly to him.

"nice to meet ya little man. I'm your uncle Ty".
Angel smiled and wiped a happy tear. Wes kissed her forehead and hugged me. We were a family and we always stuck together.

Angel yawned and her eyes slowly shut. She fell asleep and us men took care of my son. I had a son. I kissed her forehead and covered her up.

Wes sat by her bed and held her hand. He looked worried but happy.

"dude she is okay. Did a good job. Why are you so worried?"

He sighed and continued to hold her hand.
"labor is dangerous do you know how many women die each year giving birth. Sometimes both mother and child die. Sometimes the mother can get an infection after labor and that can be fatal. I can't lose my sister Dylan. I love her".

Wiping a tear he looked up to her face. She was pale and way to skinny for my liking.

I had alot of time to make up for.
She means alot and our beautiful boy was the best gift she gave me.

A whimper had all of us snapping to attention. My little one wasn't looking good.
I touched her face. She was burning up.

Quickly Wes rang the nurse and my crew stood back looking alarmed.
Tyler held my son and talked softly to him. He kissed his forehead and rocked him.

The doctor came in and told us to leave but we ignored him. She was sick he told us and most likely had a infection.

Test were ran to confirm. Her fever shot higher and he told us the baby needed to go to the nursery.
My little one remained unconscious the whole time and that worried me.

Wes was in tears and Tyler refused to leave. The rest followed the baby to guard him.

The three of us sat in her room while she was given antibiotics and the waiting began.
Angel remained out and her fever eventually broke early the next morning.

We all just wanted her to wake up.
I needed to see her hazel eyes and kiss her again. Wes sat the whole night holding her hand while Tyler stood watching. We were scared what if she never woke.

Shit I never told her I loved her.
I prayed so hard all morning.

"Dylan, a soft voice said, where's the baby".
I almost cried.
"oh god little one. Thank god you woke up. You got an infection right after he was born and been unconscious since yesterday. You had a high fever. Shit baby I love you so damn much".

She smiled sweetly and looked at Wes and Tyler. She opened her arms and both rushed to hug her. She kissed their cheeks and chuckled at their boyish ways.

"my boys", she said weakly.
They backed up and took seats by her bed. She reached for me and I got in bed with her. I rang the nurse and she was cleared to have the baby and more visitors.

Moments later the room was bursting with my crew. Our baby was brought in and her smile made me happy.

As soon as he was put in her arms she cried. I sat on the bed with her and smiled cause now we were a family.

My family just got a little bigger.