1. Bad idea

"No Amelia I don't have a date to your wedding" i end the call and throw my phone to the passenger seat next to me. I'm in a bit of a hurry driving to work.
I work as a bartender in the night time and in day time I work in a coffeehouse.

Two jobs are hard to mange but i have to show my parents that i am fully capable of taking care of myself and that I have my life together, which i don't

Well I'm the middle child (the forgotten child) I have a younger sister Hannah (22) who is an Air hostess. My parents are real proud of her. Then my older sister (also the one I was talking on the phone with and the one who's getting married) Amelia (30), she's my parents golden child, she can do them no wrong. She owns her own bakery and has been in a relationship since college.
Then it's Me.....
Y/n (25) i own a apartment, and I drives an old car, a collage dropout, not been in a serious relationship since.....never.
I Had big plans for becoming an lawyer but like I said a college dropout.

My parents care a lot about there reputation so mentioning my sister's is a big show of but when it came to me, well.................You get the story.
It's not like my family hates me it's just they say there "looking out for me" when really there just making me feel bad about the lifestyle I have. It's not that bad.

I stop at a red light and turn on the radio "skip-skip-skip" i go trough all the songs. My phone rings again it's my mom. Great.

I answer

"Hey mom" I say with a very energetic tone.

"Hey Y/n are you at home ?" mom asks

"Uhh no" i answer. My parents know about the coffeehouse job but not that I'm a bartender.
"I'm out with friends" i lie. Just to cover up the truth.

"Really ?" She says surprised "what friends ?" She asks me. Wow mom your acting like I have no friends..... yet your right I don't.

"Just some friends mom" i says a bit annoyed "you don't know them anyways"

"Ohh do you finally have a boyfriend ?" She asks exited

"No" I  answer "and I've told you, I don't need a boyfriend I'm fine the way I am" I say as I  keep my eyes on the road.

"Your sisters are both in a relationship" she compares me to my sister. Like always

"And ?" I ask her with a tad bit of attitude

"Okay not a boyfriend but find a date to the wedding" mom begs

"Uhh fine ill try finding someone, but I'm not promising you anything" i say as i end the call, without even saying bye.
I  get to work.
I work in a well know places, right by the beach.
The place serves burgers and fries then the rest is just alcohol.
It gives of an Hawaii vibe.

This bar/restaurant makes everyone who worked there were very different costumes. If you are a girl you'd were a uncomfortable coconut bra with a cheep plastic hay skirt. And if you are a man working here, first of all you have to have abs or a pretty face. Then you have to wear black shorts with a fake green grass skirt on top.
But luckily I'm only a bartender and not into waitressing, so I don't have to wear the stupid outfit. I just were some jeans and a black t-shirt.

I walk in from the back staff only door seeing my boss standing there

"Your late" he says

"Only 3 minutes , the traffic was bad" i explain

"I don't care about that, your always late" he looks scary, with his arms in a cross.

"I'm sorry" i say

"You will have to work on the weekends as well" he says

"No that's my day off. I told you my sister is getting married" i say frustrated "I'll do anything, I'll work longer tonight" i say begging him

"No I have a better idea" my boss says with a smile I did not like

~

Now I'm taking orders from bunch of creep's. My boss put me into waitressing. So I  have to were the cheep costume. Very uncomfortable. 

"Can I get you anything else ?" I ask one of the men I was taking orders from

"Yeah a peak under those coconuts" he says with a laugh.

Ewww

I rolls my eyes and walk away.
The whole night went terrible, the amount of old mail attention I was getting made me way to uncomfortable.
But throughout the night I kept taking a few shots every now and then, just get things going.
After taking another shot I walk out the kitchen to take some orders.

I see a man, not and old one but a rather handsome one. Blue/Greenish eyes, brown hair and a perfect beard. He has a baseball hat on. He also sat with Im guessing a friend. His friend had short hair a beard as well and dark brown hair. Both having same features but look nothing alike.
"Are you guys ready to order ?" I ask them

"Uh yes I'll just have a beer" the guy in the baseball hat says

"Yes. Anything for you ?" You ask the other guy. If I'm being honest felt less uncomfortable talking to them, there not old nor do they look like perverts.

"Sure I'll take some fries and cola" his friend says. Or maybe lover . Nah I don't think so.

"Okay" "Great your order will be ready in 20. Whats the name ?" I ask.

The guy in the base ball hat says his name "just Chris and I'll pay for everything" he says

"Okay Chris" I walk away

As I'm walking away i feel like everyone was looking and pointing at me. I hear some men even cheering and whistling.
"Why is everyone looking at me" I ask one of the guys that's waitressing with me.

"Your skirt" he says staring at me.

I look in the mirror seeing my ass sticking out of the cheap skirt.

"Fuck !" I yell as I run to the staff bathroom.
Few minutes later i hear a knock on the bathroom door.

"Y/n !" it was was my boss yelling my name

I quickly fix myself then open the door
"Yes ?" I say awkwardly

"Get out" he says "there are people waiting" he yells

"No way I'm going out there again" I argue

"Go out there or else-" I cut him off. Bad idea

"Or what ? Are you going to fire me ?" I yell "you know What !? I QUIT" i throw the book and pen on the floor.
"Find someone else !" I walk away, instantly regretting my decision.

Did I just quit ?

~*~

Hey thanks for reading my story

I've been working very hard on this one so I hope you like it.

I'll be posting like usual once or twice a week

And for those who like to read French you can go check out Marilia_2 she dose an amazing job writing in French.

Hope you enjoy 🤍