IV

*Lindsay's POV*

I officially hated life. 

For three hours I was forced to sit on the side-lines as I watched my swimming peers train. It was utter torture. 

"Lindsay, catch!" I heard Coach Kotrell yell before a pair of swimming goggles hit me in the face. 
"I'm glad you didn't go into basketball," Coach chuckled, sitting beside me in the paint-peeled bleachers. 

"What are these for? You know I can't swim yet," I mumbled, slightly annoyed to be completely honest. 

"Yes, the doctor said you couldn't swim, she didn't say anything about floating in the water like a dead fish." 

Jumping up from my seat, I pulled the goggles onto my face, stripped from my clothes and almost ran towards the pool. Cautiously, I followed the tiled steps into the heavenly pool water until I was submerged up to my shoulders. The next half hour went by quickly, as I floated like a starfish in the water, feeling the ripples tickle my fingertips. Too soon, I had to get ready for my first class. After clothing, I expressed my gratitude to Coach Kotrell before making my way to my next class. 

Arriving right on time, I followed the swarm of students entering and making their way to the back of the lecture hall as fast as humanly possible, probably hoping they could just hide away and fall asleep. I followed a blonde-haired girl, just shorter than I was, in through the classroom door. People were pushing and shoving, and it was practically impossible to walk in a straight line. 

I watched as a couple of rowdy guys pushed their way in front of everybody else, nudging the blonde girl at the same time. She seemed to stumble, and I reached out to steady her. Instead, I was thrown off balance and the blonde girl ended up pulling me to the ground with her. No other students seemed to care as I helped the girl pick up her notebook and pens. 

"Sorry," she whispered, which I would have missed it if I wasn't standing right beside to her. 

"It wasn't your fault," I replied, "it was the crazy idiots that rammed us over." 

She gave me a small shy smile as she met my eyes before quickly looking away. They were a light, almost supernatural grey, like nothing I had ever seen before. We made our way to the only two remaining seats, next to each other, in the second row. As I waited for the lecture to begin, I quizzically analysed the shy blonde. 

Her toned legs informed my of her athleticism, if not, her desire to stay fit, while the slight bit of stomach that was visible told me about her passion for food. Who doesn't like food? 

Her complexion was smooth and milky, but seemed like it could easily tan during the warmer months. I had never seen or met this woman before, and I knew everyone. 

"Are you going to keep staring at me the whole lecture, because it is kind of annoying?" I heard the girl ask.

I looked up at her face, but she was looking down at her notebook, taking notes. 

"Sorry. I've just never seen you around before. Are you new?"

"Yes," she answered, then continued writing.

I waited for her to elaborate, but it never came. 

"Hi, my name is Lindsay."

"Cool," she replied, still not looking up from her notes. 

I focussed on the lecturer and started to take some much needed notes. Towards the end of the lesson, I was starting to doze off when I was startled by a familiar tune:

"I know I ain't right for tempting you

But I just wanna see what you would do

If I gave you a taste of what I do