XXI

*Shannon's POV*

Shannon, 

I hope I made you feel exactly how you make me feel every single day. 

I never knew how to answer this question before, but if I had to choose between sex with you, and food, I'd choose you every time. Looking at you makes me hungry, and devouring you allows me to feel satisfied. I'll be eternally hungry for you, Shannon Monet. 

I packed you lunch and tucked it into you desk drawer.

Sincerely Yours,

L x

Lindsay, you know exactly what you're doing to me. 

I walked over to my filing cabinet and unlocked the middle locker. Sliding it open, I opened the special box inside and added the letter. Closing and locking it back up securely, I ate the lunch Lindsay left for me. 

I wanted to write Lindsay a letter back, but it was her thing. I didn't have the same creative flare to write such notes, and I'd be way too nervous someone would catch me with it. 

That'd be a bit awkward. In the middle of a department meeting, sharing my screen on the projector, and suddenly - "Spread your legs nice and wid-". Yeah, no. I'm not writing a note. 

To be completely honest, I wouldn't know what to write. I care for Lindsay, like, a lot, but I find it hard to communicate as such. I don't mess around when it comes to potentially getting hurt. After India, I convinced myself that I'd rather shut everyone out, keep up twelve metre high walls, to shield myself from inevitable pain that comes from relationships.

Lindsay, she's making my rethink that plan.

I needed someone to talk to about it all. I needed advice, but at the least, I needed to get it off my chest. The one person who I always went to... well, let's just say I doubt she'd be pleased to know I'm banging her daughter. 

Jessica, she was always the smart one. Could give the best advice, and now I could really use it. Fuck it, she'll find out eventually. I shot her a message, asking if we could chat after work. She was quick to reply, letting me know she's always there for a good ol' chin wag. Yes, she tries to sound British. No, it does not sound good. 

A few hours later, and Jess and I were seated on the sofa sipping our teas. Yes, we were officially old. I was hesitant at first, worried that Lindsay or Alex could walk in at any moment and hear us, but Jess assured me that they would be out for at least a couple of hours. Getting comfortable, I prepared myself for the conversation. 

"So, uh...," I mumbled, wondered how to start. 

"What's up, Shannon," Jess queried, tilting her head. 

Nope, abort mission. I repeat, abort mission. 

"Umm...," I looked around, searching for anything, but not even the weather popped into my brain. 

"Is this about you fucking my daughter?" She asked. 

I gasped, eyes wide and mouth open, "I-I wouldn't be so crude... but we did sleep together. Only once," I clarified. 

She 'hmm'd', and I started to get nervous. At least, even more nervous than I was previously. 

"Are you happy?" She questioned.

"Yeah, actually, I am" I nodded. 

"Is Lindsay happy?"

"Yes, I mean, I think so," I shrugged. 

"Okay."

I sat there for a second, waiting for her to finish her sentence. The silence kept dragging on.

"Wait, that's it?" 

Jess just nodded, "I learnt a while ago not to judge a relationship based on age. As long as it's legal."

"Oh, Lindsay and I are not in a relationship," I interrupted. 

"Maybe not yet, but you already act like you are in one. It's inevitable."

I shook my head, trying to come to terms with it all. 

"Shannon, stop over thinking it," Jess laughed, "If you are happy and Lindsay is happy, then I am happy."

"I love you, Jessica Caldwell," I smiled, hugging her tightly. 

She pulled back and added, "As you should. I'm your future mother-in-law, after all."

I groaned, falling back into the couch, "now I understand how Lindsay felt."

Jess laughed and patted my knee, "I guess you're just perfect for each other."

"Yeah, I guess we are," I sighed. 

~~~

*Lindsay's POV*

"We fucked."

"Wow, how polite of you, Lindsay," Alex laughed, "what if the Queen was here?"

"I would fucking run away. I already have enough problems, I don't need no ghosts in my life."

She laughed, "too soon?"

"Yeah, probably," I sighed, looking at my bedroom ceiling, "I'm sorry, Lizzie. May you rest and rule the mighty kingdom in peace."

"You really are fucked up," Alex giggled, shaking her head.

"And proud of it," I added. 

"Anyway, how was it? Was it everything you had been dreaming of?"

I nodded my head, "And more. We were just perfect together. So incredibly in sync."

"C'mon, Lindsay. I need details."

"I'm not giving you a free sex story, Alex. This isn't porn," I groaned.

"Of course it isn't. If I was wanting porn I'd just bend Mommy Caldwell over the kitchen island and show her a good time."

I threw all of my pillows at her, yelling, "Get the fuck off of my bed before I throw up all over you."

Alex laughed, clearly amused by her own comeback, and stood safely in the doorway. 

"But you're happy, Lindsay?" Alex asked, serious now. 

My smile grew as I nodded, "I really am, Alex."

"Then a word of advice," she paused, "never let her go."

"I don't think I could if I tried," I sighed, staring up at nowhere in particular. 

I could feel eyes on me, and looked over at Alex, who was studying me carefully. 

"You're being serious, aren't you, Linds?"

"Yes, I like her a lot."

"Are you sure you just 'like her'?" Alex asked, "Are you sure you don't love her?"

I looked at Alex for a moment. 

Love

Defined as extreme feelings of attachment, affection, and need. 

Was what I felt for Shannon love

Keep reading to find out!

Thanks for reading!

Vote, comment, continue reading. 

Stay safe xx

- T.J Starc