XVI

*Lindsay's POV*

"So, tell me about your son," I shouted, grabbing both Shannon and I a glass of wine. Sitting on the small sofa beside her, I gave her my full attention.

"Well, biologically he's not my son. He is India's son from a previous relationship, but I'd helped raise him since his early teenage years. His name is Adam and he's nineteen now, away studying at Stanford. Unfortunately, I don't see him much anymore, especially since India's passing, but I try to keep in contact as much as possible. He is like a son to me, and I care for him very much," Shannon smiled, lightly. 

"Well, I'm sure Adam is a great guy if he was lucky enough to be raised by an amazing person like you," I complimented, subconsciously running my fingers up and down Shannon's arm.

"Thank you, Lindsay, and thank you for the hospitality. Who knew Alex and Jess would go at it so frequently?" Shannon laughed, and I joined in.

"I know! I'm so grateful I have this guest house, because I don't know what I'd do if I had to listen to them going at it every night," I giggled. 

"I think I know what you'd be doing," Shannon teased, and I hit her in the arm.

"No!" I whined, yet couldn't help but laugh.

Talking and laughing with Shannon was one of my favourite things, and I would happily surrender my sleep if it meant it would never end. 

"Well, I better get back to the house," Shannon mumbled, walking to the door. I followed closely behind her, opening the door for her. 

Smiling, she turned around and gave me a hug.

"Thank you, Lindsay," she pecked me on the cheek, and I had to try very hard to control the blush spreading like a wildfire across my face. 

"Goodnight, Shannon," I murmured, closing the door behind her. 

My hand went to my face to feel where she had kissed me mere seconds ago. I was never washing my face again. 

One thing was for sure, I knew what I was doing tonight. 

~~~

"It was just a peck on the cheek, Lindsay!" Alex groaned, "that's what friends do! It's a normal greeting or goodbye."

"I know I'm overreacting, but what if Blake Lively walked up to you and kissed you on the cheek? You'd go nuts! In my eyes, Shannon is my Blake Lively. I am so attracted to her that a simple kiss on the cheek is driving me crazy!" I cried. 

"Damn, you've got it bad, girl," Alex laughed, patting me on the back. 

"I know," I sighed, "I'm running out of ideas, Alex, and I need your help. I want to do something special for Shannon, do you have any ideas?"

"Hey, she's your girlfriend, not mine," Alex reasoned, "you know her better than I do."

"She's not my girlfriend," I grumbled.

"But you want her to be?"

I sighed, heavily, "that's not the point, Alex."

She laughed, and leaned her head against my shoulder, "well, from what I've gathered so far, she really loves family. Her whole world revolved around India for five years. Maybe you could help her relive the happy times?"

"Alex, you're a genius!" I shouted, jumping up and heading for the door. 

"I know!" she shouted after me.