XVII

*Lindsay's POV* 

"I feel like I haven't seen you in forever," I smiled, stepping aside to let Shannon into my guest house. 

"It's only been a week," Shannon rolled her eyes, "I was just making the most of the amazing gift you gave me with Adam. I don't think we slept for a whole week."

"You can always sleep with me," I laughed, giving her a crooked smile. 

She rose her eyebrows, looking at me flirtatiously, "but we wouldn't be sleeping?"

"Professor Monet! How could you possibly think sex was what I meant? I was clearly referring to you crashing in my bed. Sleeping," I smirked, but she wasn't buying it. 

"I don't think I ever said I was referring to sex," she quipped back. 

"Okay, fine, you've got me," I held my hands up surrendering, "I was thinking about fucking you. What are you going to do about it?"

"You are playing a dangerous game, Lindsay Caldwell," Shannon muttered, moving considerably closer to me. 

"I don't know what you're talking about, Professor Monet." 

I ran my fingernails softly against Shannon's inner thigh, causing her to shiver. Our eyes met, with my gaze falling to her lips. Those plump, oh-so-kissable lips. 

"Hey, Lindsay, can we t-," Alex started, bursting in through the front door. Spotting us, she started backtracking slowly, as if we might not have seen her yet. "Dammit, Jess! You said they'd be done by now! They haven't even kissed yet!" She yelled, turning and running back to the main house. 

Shannon and I met each other's gaze yet again, bursting into laughter. As our laughter died down, our foreheads rested against one another. Being so close was intoxicating, and I wanted all of her. Showing restraint, we moved away from each other slightly. A text on my phone broke the tension, and I removed it from my pocket. 

Alex: I'll be back over in 5 mins. Don't worry, I'm sure you can finish Shannon off that quickly. All that pent up sexual tension must be driving her crazy...

Reading the message to myself, I started laughing. 

"What's so funny?" Shannon asked, trying to lean over to see my phone. 

I held it close to my chest, hiding the message. Shannon rose an eyebrow, questioningly. Suddenly, she started leaning towards me. It was the moment I'd been waiting for, she was going to kiss me again. Instead, I was left looking like an idiot with puckered lips as she stole my phone from my hand and read over the message. 

"Hey! That's cheating," I whined.

Shannon handed me back my phone, and walked around the back of the couch. 

Leaning over the couch, she whispered, "She's not wrong though."

She started walking out the door, looking over her shoulder at the last minute and mentioning, "But I've got great stamina. I ain't quitting after Round 1." 

She turned around and strutted out, leaving me staring at her behind, in shock and lust. 

A couple minutes later, and Alex walked back through the open door. I was still staring where Shannon had exited moments ago, rooted to the couch in shock. After a minute, Alex was able to remove me from my frozen state, and I was able to explain what had happened. 

We got straight into the gossip from the last week, kind of like a weekly meeting of our lives. I was grateful that I had someone in my life who I could tell anything and everything to, and it'd be kept safe and secret. I knew not everybody had somebody like that, so never took Alex for granted. We talked about Shannon and I, but also Alex and my Mom, as nothing was off limits.