XXVIII

*Lindsay's POV*

I still hadn't come to terms with what had happened.

It had been almost a week. A week without contact with Shannon. A week without swimming. A week without leaving my guest house.

I knew I had to get out of this place. Get away. Anywhere. Anywhere but here. I was terrified of running into her. Seeing those gorgeous eyes, mesmerising lips, perfect figure. I missed Shannon. More than I thought I would.

"Up, bitch!" Alex yelled, storming into my guest house.

"ALEX!" I screamed, attempting to cover up my nude frame.

"Jeez, Linds. It's only been a week! You're seriously that horny?" Alex laughed, grabbing herself a can from my fridge.

"Alex, I need to get clothes on," I mumbled, trying to remember where I ditched them.

"Hey, it's nothing I haven't seen before," Alex eyed me up and down, "nice rack."

"Get out!" I growled, launching my shoe at her.

I scowled at Alex as she collected all of my clothes, throwing them at me.

"Finish yourself off and get dressed. You've got ten minutes."

I fell heavily back into the couch as Alex strolled casually out the door.

The fucking nerve.

Frustrated and ready to get this over with, I threw on my clothes, dragged my hands through my messy hair, then slid into my shoes and out the door.

"Two minutes?" Alex questioned, looking down at her watch, "almost as fast as your Mom."

I groaned and gagged, slapping Alex until she jogged towards the house, away from me.

"Come on, you slow fucking sloth!" She shouted, bouncing into the main house.

I caught up to Alex, pulling the door shut behind us. I could hear voices coming from the living room. My heartbeat sped up. My palms became sweaty. All happiness drained from my body.

Alex grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers and shooting me a nod, now serious. I knew she had me. I could do this. We entered the room, and the conversation immediately stopped. Both Mom and Shannon's eyes fell to Alex and I, and I felt like melting away under their gazes.

"We're heading out. We'll be back for dinner. Adios amigos," Alex chirped, dragging me towards the front door.

I locked eyes with Shannon. She looked good. Like fucking always. As if a switch flicked in my mind, I grew angry. Really fucking angry. Shooting the cruellest look at Shannon, I dropped Alex's hand, storming out the door and slamming it behind me, the door frame shaking from the impact.

My blood was boiling. Just looking at her enraged me. She did this. She did this to me. To us. Fuck this. And fuck her.

I wanted to scream, shout, break everything in my path as I tornado out of control.

"We're going swimming," I shouted as Alex ran towards the car, jumping into the passenger seat myself. I was angry, but I wasn't stupid. I was in absolutely no condition to drive a vehicle.

Pulling up to the aquatic centre, I was relieved to see not one car in the carpark. Which meant, we had the whole place to ourselves. Alex had been relatively quiet the whole car ride, quiet for Alex anyway.

As soon as the water hit my skin, I felt a weight lifted off my shoulders. This was my escape. I felt free, gliding through the water. I got out all of my anger, swimming ten laps of the Olympic-style swimming pool, before paddling over to where Alex was chilling in the shallow end.