IX

*LINDSAY'S POV*

There was no doubt in my mind that Shannon could feel my eyes trained to her body for the rest of the afternoon. Every step she took seemed so angelic. What the fuck? Is she a fucking fairy? 

I knew I wasn't just imagining it, but was absolutely certain that I was attracted to Shannon. She could fall flat on her face and I'd still think she looked beautiful doing so. 

It didn't help that she was still teaching swimming techniques in her bikini. She'd dive in, giving me the delicious view of her ass. Then, she'd emerge from the water, her breasts bouncing mesmerizingly with each step she took. And it was on repeat. Over, and over, and over, and over. 

She'd glanced in my direction a few times, and I couldn't tell if I was making her uncomfortable with my staring, so I decided to look away for a bit. I painfully ripped my eyes away from her physique and scrolled through social media. 

"What are you doing?" asked a voice from right beside me, scaring the life out of me as I threw my phone a few feet. 

"Holy shit!" I swore, my heart pounding heavily as I shot Shannon a dirty look while she laughed. 

"What are you doing?" she questioned again, crossing her arms, which only accentuated the treasures laying underneath her bikini top. 

I was confused, and showed Shannon this as I retrieved my phone, "what do you mean?"

Shannon sighed, pushing her chest out further, if possible, "I know that you're injured, but you still have to pay attention during training. My demonstrations and techniques hold vital tips outlining improvements in yours, and all your peers, swimming abilities. I'd at least appreciate it if you could watch them."

What? I had been watching them! I was on my phone not even five minutes! 

"Don't argue, Lindsay," Shannon cut me off before I could respond, "just keep your eyes on me, not your phone."

Shannon walked away and I looked on, confused. As she reached the end of the bleacher stairs, she glanced over her shoulder at me, then down to her ass. Shock, nervousness, and excitement flooded my body all within a two second interval. She wanted me to watch her. Not her techniques. Her

My mind was in overdrive for the remaining twenty minutes of practice. What did that look mean? Did I read the situation right? Was that permission to stare at her? Calm your shit down, Lindsay. 

It is fair to say that Shannon's look had well and truly scrambled my mind. The lesson ended and my mind was still in shambles, but I knew I wanted to be close to Shannon, her company making me happy. 

"Good work today, Lindsay," she complimented, which I responded to with a sly smile, "I can't wait to curl up and go to sleep, now."

"You can't do that!" I blurted, earning a curious head-tilt from Shannon. "I-uh, I mean, you can't go back to the main house tonight. It's date night for Alex and my Mom, so they will be really loud. Like at the cabin, loud."

"Oh," she mumbled, scratching her neck. 

"But don't worry! You can stay with me in the guest house tonight. I'm fine with it. Totally chill," I rambled, internally slamming my head against a massive brick wall. 

"Thank you, Lindsay, I appreciate that. I'll meet you at the guest house then," she smiled, as we parted ways outside of the aquatic centre. 

I waited until she had pulled out of the parking lot before whipping out my phone and dialling Alex as fast as possible.