XX

*Lindsay's POV*

I roamed the halls, mentally preparing myself for my first class of the day. 

As I rounded the corner, I bumped into a small crowd of people. I was about to continue walking when I heard Shannon's name being talked about. I turned around, weaving my way through the students to find the poster that was attracting their attention. 

What I saw pinned up shocked me, but ultimately, anger was the emotion that consumed me. 

'Shannon Monet, not a real woman. Actually a man. Shannon Monet is transgender'.

Ripping the poster off the wall, I pushed my way aggressively through the crowd, who starting verbally abusing me. I couldn't concentrate on them, I needed to find Shannon. I needed to make sure she was okay. 

I ran down the halls, finding more and more of the posters stuck to the walls, with people gossiping everywhere. I was beyond pissed. I tore down at least another ten posters before I neared Shannon's office. I didn't care if she was transgender, I didn't care if anyone was transgender. All I cared about was her, and making sure that she was okay.

As I rounded the corner to her office, I was met with a group of about thirty-or-so students and professors gossiping about Shannon, right outside of her office. 

I am ready to kill every single one of them

I thought about causing a scene, yelling at them all to 'fuck off', but I wanted to get into Shannon's office, and the easiest way to do that would be by sneaking through the crowd and slipping in using my key. 

I pushed my way through the swarm of people, almost making it to the door before some random girl grabbed my arm. 

"Hey, Lindsay. Have you heard about it? About that professor? I know you two were like family friends or whatever, but just letting you know that you can hang out with me, a real girl, whenever you want, instead of it," she finished, pointing in the direction of Shannon's office. 

My blood was boiling, and it took everything in me not to unleash my anger out on this random. 

I flicked her hand off my wrist before hissing, "I'd shut your mouth before I cut your face off." 

I may have gone a bit far, but she deserved every bit of that threat, and in that moment, I really did want to cut her face off. I weaved my way past the last few people, retrieving my key and subtly unlocking the door, before slipping into Shannon's office quickly, locking the door behind me. 

"Holy shit!" Shannon gasped, jumping, as I practically fell into her office, "Lindsay, what are you doing here?"

I took a moment to take Shannon in. She was sitting on her couch, shoulders weighed down, and I could see that her eyes were puffy. 

Those monsters made her cry. I am going to cut all of their faces off. 

Shannon's hands smoothed down her skirt, and I noticed her hands were shaking like crazy. I raced to sit down beside her, grasping her hands in my own. They continued to shake in my hands, and I both wanted to cry and kill all living beings, as I felt the pain that I could see in Shannon's eyes.

"I'm here for you," I whispered, squeezing her hands.

"Lindsay, I-I don't know what to do. It all just happened so fast. The posters are e-everywhere. Everywhere. I can't escape. It's just like high school all over again. I can't do this. I can't do this," Shannon stuttered, her breathing uneven and out of control.