a white flower

"Let me get this straight." Loki stared at Freya with wide eyes. "You want me to — break you in to the dungeon?"

"I don't understand why this is a hard concept." She crossed her arms. "Loki — I need to talk to Lorelei. She will know where Amora is."

"Freya, I understand that you're angry but I don't think this is wise." He put his hands up in surrender. "What if you get hurt?"

She turned away from him a scowl on her lips, jaw tight, cheeks flushed. "I'm stronger than you think."

"I am not thinking Amora would be the one to hurt you." He said softly. "What if father takes away your title? What if he disowns you?"

Freya turned to him and grabbed his hand. She squeezed it. She couldn't do this without Loki's help. "Loki you heard the truth. You know that title was never mine to begin with. I don't want to be the goddess of Love and Fertility. I don't want to be the princess in a gilded cage."

He sighed, "I'm sorry they lied to you." He frowned and glanced out the window. The Star was setting and the golden sky was fading into night. "I will help you, Freya, because you are my sister."

"Thank you, brother." Her lips curled up into a smile. She needed this. Freya knew who she was but that woman would never meet Odin's standards. She wanted so desperately for the numbness to end so, she would chase the only emotion she felt at the moment. Anger. Freya wanted to prove to Amora that she was not a stupid little girl anymore.

<<<>>>

In the dead of night Loki and Freya made their way to the dungeon. She pants, for the first time on Asgard, and a shirt. Her hair was back in a braid.

"While we are glamoured you will look different to others but the same to yourself. Don't worry if your reflection deceives you. My glamours never fail." He said.

"Right." She said. "And once we are in the dungeon, what about the other prisoners?" She asked.

"That is something I haven't quite thought of. Are you sure this witch will speak to you?" Loki asked. They turned a corner and he slowed to a halt in front of a wooden door with an iron handle.

"She is no witch, just a henchman." She took in a deep breath. "If we get separated promise me you'll lie. There is no reason both of us need to get in trouble."

"We won't get caught." He gave her a smile, "Doing things I'm not allowed to do is my foray, or did you forget my title?" She rolled her eyes as he closed his. A green light spread across her body, his magic hovering over her skin. Loki was not Loki anymore. He had a generic face and Asgardian armor on. He grinned, "Shall we?"

She nodded, "We shall."

<<<>>>

They walked through the dungeon hall, passing all of Asgard's worst criminals. Their cells were magical, a golden forcefield blocked the criminals from escaping. Some paced the length of their ceils others sat on the floor, and others slept.

"Guard change early tonight?" The guard at the end of the hall asked. Freya glanced at Loki.

"Yep." Loki's voice was altered to sound more gruff and deep. "Captains orders. We'll be here till morning." He said.

The guard crossed his arms and shrugged, "I won't complain." He grinned. Freya let out a breath. "Good luck, lads." The guard picked his staff up and walked away.

Loki nodded at the man and they both waited until he was long. Freya glanced to the right. There in the last cell, was Lorelei. She was sitting down facing away from the forcefield. She still wore a red dress, her blonde braids frizzy and unkept. She took a step forward.