Valiant Effort

A/N: I'm so impatient... 😂😂 here's another chapter for the day ily💜

<<< 2018 - Asgard >>>

    Loki stretched out his arms from the loading bay of his newly acquired ship, "Your savior is here!" He shouted. Freya looked up from the fight and toward Loki.

    "Arrogant git." She said her hands outstretched creating shields around the Asgardians. He stepped off into the crowd of people

    "Did you miss me? Everybody on that ship, now." He ordered and the refugees began pouring into the ship. The only way onto the ship was a plank way. Loki walked over to Freya and Heimdall.

    "Welcome home. I saw you coming." He said.

    "Of course you did," Loki replied.

    "You boys have it from here?" Freya asked. "I'm itching to show her what real power looks like." She said and a smirk grew on her lips.

    "Give her hell." Loki patted Freya's shoulder. She nodded and removed the shields, jumping off the rainbow bridge and into the air. She flew up to the palace and saw Hela with her forearm pressing against Thor's neck.

    "... And now you'll die, alone, begging for mercy," Hela said to Thor. One eye gouged out, blood smeared on his face.

    Freya raised above Hela, "He's not alone." She said. Her energy-charged around her body and glowed brightly.

    "You're supposed to be dead!" Hela shouted.

    "No, Hela. That's you, remember?" Freya smiled. "Father chucked you into the depths of hel just to get rid of you. Now, I'd appreciate it if you'd let my brother go." Her eyes went from pale green to glowing. Hela pushed off Thor and jumped toward Freya. She created two strings of her power, that acted as rope. They snaked around Hela's body and she closed her fists. She threw Hela back into the Palace. She landed next to Thor. "Are you okay?" She asked.

    "You need to get out of here." He said.

    "I won't leave you." She shook her head.

    "This isn't your fight," Thor said.

    "You're my brother," Freya said and looked him in the eyes. "You always will be." She glanced up and threw out her arm. A shield flew around them as Hela cast two large swords at them. "I'll fight with you till the end." The forcefield shattered along with the black weapons that Hela threw at them. Thor and Freya turned toward Hela. She stood amongst the rubble of the palace. Freya turned to Thor, "Remember who you are." She said before jumping into the ring with Hela.

    She cast a staff into her hand charged it with her energy. Hela swung a spear at Freya. Freya ducked down and tripped Hela with her staff. She kicked her in the side and threw the edge of her staff into Hela's shoulder.

    Hela's grabbed the staff and pulled it from Freya. She threw it across the room and jumped on top of Freya. She grew three daggers from her fingertips. Freya stopped her with a twist of her wrist and lifted her hips. She bucked Hela off and flew backward. Hela wrapped a grappling chain around Freya's ankles and pulled her down. She broke the chains with her magic but ducked a second too late as Hela hit her with the hard metal of her staff. Freya fell to the ground, she let out three blasts of energy. Hela dodged two and stumbled back by the third hit. Freya lifted her hand and the staff flew into her hand. She twirled it around and an iridescent glow surrounded it.

    Hela grabbed the staff as Freya swung it down. A wicked smile grew on her lips. She shattered the metal and magic with a flick of a wrist. She kicked Freya and grabbed hold of her shoulders she threw her down to the ground. Freya's body cracked the tile below. She moved to stand but Hela put a sword tip to her neck and pressed her boot to her chest.