the scepter

Location: The Amazon
Date: June 17th, 2010

Freya's back hit the ground and the breath was knocked out of her lungs. She opened her eyes and Druig stood above her. "You were throwing your punches." He raised a hand out for her to take it. She rolled her eyes and grabbed it but, she tugged him down. He fell onto her and she flipped them around.

"And you're easy to distract." She smiled. His eyebrows raised and his lips curled up in a smile.

"I wouldn't mind a distraction like this." He glanced at her face as it was haloed by the sunlight above them. "It's a beautiful distraction." He hummed.

She felt her cheeks warm. "Aunt Freya —" Maria ran into the clearing but stopped short. Her eyes glazed over and she stilled. Freya looked at Druig who was occupied by his golden-hued eyes. Maria turned around and walked the other way. Druig's eyes went blue.
Freya jumped off of Druig. "Freya."

"You can't just do that!" She said.

"She was interrupting something." Druig stood up and followed Freya. "What if she had walked in a few minutes later, who knows what she would've seen?"

"She'd still have free will." Her arms crossed. "I don't like that you do this." She bit the inside of her cheek.

"This is who I am." His jaw tightened. "I've been doing for centuries and I do it for centuries to come."

"Why?" She asked.

"Because they need me." He said.

"Bullshit." She said and his eyes widened. "I don't want you to do that to them. Especially Gabriella and her kids. They are my family, Druig."

"Why do you care for them so much?" He asked.

"Gabriella's children?" Her eyebrows raised.

"Humans." He glanced down at his feet and back up, "You've cared for them since the first day you arrived."

She turned away from him, squinting at the sun. She shrugged, "I've always felt connected to Earth. I read their stories and fell in love with the idea of them."

"Do they meet your expectations?" He asked.

"I think they're pretty amazing." She said. "Humans live for such a short time and yet they accomplish so much. I think they are more impressive than most."

Druig let out a sigh. "I'll control them less." He said. "Only for you." He pointed a finger at her and she smiled.

Location: Helicarrier
Date: March 27th, 2012

Freya watched her brother, the Prince of Asgard, get locked into a glass prison and she felt her stomach twist. Conflicted by her own emotions, Freya desperately wanted to help him but, she couldn't let Loki hurt anyone.

She stood next to Thor. He was the only familiar aspect of the ship they were in. She had never really been close to Thor as a child or even adolescent but, he had grown and she could see that in the way he carried himself.

"He really grows on you doesn't he?" Dr. Banner said from his seat. His curly brown hair was messy and glasses were on the edge of his nose.

Captain Rogers, who now wore normal clothes glanced up at Freya and Thor. "Loki's gonna drag this out. So, Freya, Thor, what's his play?" He asked

Freya looked to her brother. He let out a breath, "He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard nor any world known. He means to lead the against your people. They will win him the Earth, in return, I suspect, for the Tesseract." He said.