Her Will

Her feet slammed down, the trees around her rustled and swayed as the winds settled. The dirt beneath her lifted off the ground creating a cloud. She took in a deep breath and glanced up. The air around her was hot, and misty. The sun was just peaking about the trees. Why were they circled around her? She glanced around at the villagers, some seemed to recognize her others stared idly.

"Freya?" Gabriella asked. Freya knew her voice like the back of her hand. She turned around and saw her friend. She was older, her figure curved more, and there were crease lines on her face. She recognized Matteo who stood behind her a hand on her shoulder and another holding a baby boy on his hip. He had curly hair like Matteo and eyes just like Gabriella's. The woman stepped forward, passed a little girl that stood in front of her. "Freya." She said with certainty and ran to her. She wrapped her arms around Freya and she welcomed it. "Why are you here? How are you —"

Freya pulled back and looked at Gabriella, "I promise I will explain but, why is everyone standing out here?"

"Druig called us..."

"Mama." The little girl came up behind Gabriella and tugged on her shirt. "Who is that?" She peaked her head out from behind Gabriella's thigh.

"You —" Freya looked at Matteo with the boy in his arms and the little one behind her friend. She smiled but her eyes stung, "You're a mother." She said.

"Yes." Gabriella nodded and placed a hand on the back of the little girls head. "This is Maria and Matteo is holding David."

She had missed so much. She was gone too long. Freya bit the inside of her cheek and took in a breath. She could deal with this later. She needed to find Amora. "The woman who sent me to Midgard the first time, she is here."

"What?" Gabriella pressed Maria closer to her.

"I'm going to find her." Freya said. "Don't worry. Where's Druig?" She glanced around, why would he call them out here and not show up? How long had they stood there? There were so many thoughts running through her head. She didn't notice the crowd part.

"Here." Freya turned and there he stood, arms by his side, and a smirk on his lips. "Freya, how good it is to see you. I've missed you."

Her eyes narrowed and she stepped closer to him. "Druig." She could ask him why he was asking strange later. Nothing mattered. She had to find Amora. "Amora is here we need to get everyone here to safety." She said.

"No one is here but us." He looked around at the villagers with his arms raised out, "I would know if someone entered the village. As you can see it's just us."

"Please, trust me." She said. "She took a flower from the garden. She threatened Gabriella."

He placed a hand on her cheek but, she twitched and took a step back."Relax," he shushed her. "Don't let your emotions cloud your judgement." He took step toward her. Freya's lips turned down into a frown. "You're back. We can be together now."

Her nerves were on red alert. Something was terribly wrong. His eyes, weren't his — Amora. He lifted his right hand and in it was a sharp dagger. Freya raised her her hand up, incased in magic. Her fingers twitched and the blade stopped. His hand getting wrapped up in her glowing power. The blade was inches from her stomach. His hand shook with as he struggled against the hold.

"Honestly Amora, you'd think after two tries you'd give up on the daggers." Freya twisted her hands up and thrusted them out. Amora still glamoured as Druig flew back and hit a tree. Freya held a hand out keeping her stuck in place. She turned to the villagers. "Go to the river, get everyone out." She said to Matteo and Gabriella. He grabbed her arm and yelled at the others to follow him. Her arm shook and there was a bright purple light that wrapped around Amora. She broke free from Freya's power and landed, herself. Long dark hair, red stained lips, dressed in all black.