Enough

Freya stared at Thor like he was a ghost. She must have been dreaming. He couldn't be in the village, her village.

"Sister?" His eyebrows raised. She blinked and turned around. Druig was looking down at the floor his arms crossed, leaning against the counter. Gabriella stood behind her children and all three of them looked at Freya.

She glanced back at Thor, "Why don't you come in?" She stepped to the side and he ducked to fit under the doorframe. "Um - this is my brother Thor. Thor this is Gabriella, David, Maria, and Druig."She motioned at him.

"Did you also fall down like Aunt Freya?" Maria asked.

"What's a loki?" David asked

Gabriella patted her kids on their shoulders, "Let's get ready for school."

"But mama —"

"No buts," She clapped her hands together.  "Let's go." she moved them out of the room.

When the door closed Freya crossed her arms and turned to her brother, "What's wrong with Loki?" she asked.

She heard her brother as he explained the situation. How Loki fell from the Bifrost after Thor had been exiled and how they thought he died. But he was on Earth ready to wage war and bring Midgard to it's knees. Thor wanted Freya to help bring Loki back to Asgard... he wanted to save him. She truly heard everything but, she couldn't fully grasp what he was asking her.

"Please Freya, you may be the only one he listens to." Thor said.

    "Thor, I — can't just leave." She caught Druig's gaze. "This is my home. This is my family."

    "But Loki —"

    "Loki was pushed to this. Odin let him fall. Odin never gave him a chance. Why would I help fix the Allfather's mess?" She asked.

    "Loki is not entirely Asgardian." Thor said and looked down at his feet. "He was — is Laufey's son. Odin took him from Jotunheim after the war." He said. Freya's words were lost on the tip of her tongue. He took a step closer to her. " Freya he needs you."

"Why should she trust you?" Druig pushed off the counter and looked at Thor with a narrow gaze. "You have never given her a reason to."

"This has nothing to do with you." Thor said and squared his shoulders, "This is a family matter."

"Freya is my family." Druig said and took another step closer to Thor. His face was indifferent but rage was behind his stare.

Freya stepped in between them. "Stop this." She looked up at her brother, "Thor step outside. Let me speak to Druig." Thor stared at Druig with a clenched jaw. Druig's glare didn't help the situation. "Thor." She said as stern as she could. He took a step back before walking out the door.

    She pressed a hand to her head and let out a breath. It made sense now why Loki was never given the opportunity to rule. He was always second to Thor. They were the same, both adopted, both put into molds that weren't made for them.

    "So that's it." Freya turned around to Druig. "You're letting him pull you back in?"

    "Druig it's not that easy..."

     He stepped up to her . He stopped short and pointed at the door, "They lied to you!"

    "They lied to Loki!" She stepped up to him. Her eyes stinging with tears that threatened to fall. "They lied to him." She said quietly. "Just like they did to me but, he was alone. He let me go and I wasn't there to help him like he helped me."