Whatever it Takes

A/N I was looking at art on Pinterest for inspo costumes for Freya. If you're curious these are kinda the vibe. ^^
anywho!! chapter 2 of the day
ENJOY💜

<<<2023 -Avengers Compound>>>

Freya stood next to Thor. They were watching the mad titan, as he sat doing nothing. Tony and Steve walked up next to them. "What's he been doing?" Tony asked.

"Absolutely nothing." Thor's jaw clenched. Thanos finally look up, it made Freya seethe with rage. She could feel her magic boiling just beneath the surface.

"Son of a bitch." Steve said.

"Yeah." Tony agreed.

"Where are the stones?" He asked.

"Somewhere under all of this." Tony motioned at the wreckage.

"He doesn't have them," Freya said. "I know that for sure."

"So we keep it that way," Cap said. It was their chance, Freya's chance to make sure Banner's snap was successful.

"You know it's a trap," Thor said.

Tony let his armor deploy around his head. "Don't think I care." Freya extended her hand and created a large silver sword.

"Just so we're all in agreement." Thor held out his hand and Mjolnir flew into one hand and the other hand grabbed hold of Stormbreaker. Lightning cracks across the sky and shot down onto him. He was in his Asgardian Armor once more. "Let's kill him properly this time."

<<< Present Day - Domu>>>

Freya sat down on a window seal. She held an old Nordic storybook in her hands. She flipped through the crinkled thick pages. Stopping at a portray of Loki, he was depicted as old, thin, and wrinkling. Her finger pressed down on the drawing. She flipped to another page, her page but it wasn't her. It was the Freya that people created. A thin beautiful blonde woman. She was tall, like Thena, she probably had been the inspiration now that Freya thought about it.

"The goddess of Love, Light, and War." Druig sat down next to her. "A goddess made to carry the weight of the world from the beginning."

"I'm no goddess." She met his gaze. "But the first time Odin came down to Midgard, they worshiped him as a god. So he took the title, in arrogance." She looked at the picture in the book. "I've been chasing this image, desperate to meet its expectations."

Druig put his hand over the picture and pressed the book down onto her lap, "Why can't you see you've exceeded it?"

"You don't know everything that has happened." She shook her head and picked at her nails.

"I don't need to." He said.

"I am not the woman you think I am." She whispered. Her eyes watered but Freya was so tired of crying.

"Then let me see who you really are." His hand that was still on the book slid over to her hand and he brushed a thumb along her skin. She closed her eyes and reveled in the contact.

"What if you don't like what you see?" Her eyes met his. It was a scary question to ask. They hadn't even talked about what happened five years ago, let alone Ragnarok, Thanos, the snap... It was all so much. She didn't know where to begin and she was afraid if he saw what she had become. He would run. She wanted to say that she missed him. She was sorry and that she'd do anything just for him to say he loved her. She wanted to show him how sorry she was.