Chapter 5: The Fiancée's Newsletter

"Those that go searching for love only make manifest their lovelessness, and the loveless never find love, only the loving find love, and they never have to seek for it."

~ D. H. Lawrence~

Makris Andino's POV

I signed in frustration, gazing at my father, who values outsiders over his very own. Urso Andino. The monarch that rules the generational legacy. I have a crucial meeting throughout today; I had to cancel today's presentation board meeting with the directors from China because my father asked me to do so; he had been chattering for too long, and it got on my nerve sitting close to him because we aren't the conversational companions.

"Adriano," he calls at the lost-in-thought me. "Are you even listening?" he added.

That's what he always calls me, but I don't fancy the name much. It's only who knows me from home that calls me that. But recently, the term has been flying over the tabloids—Who the hell even made it known to the public.

"Yes, father!" I turned to stare at him.

He frowns. "How dare you use an English phrase on me? Are you nuts? You're letting the polished language flush away your traditional morals," He teaches.

Oh goodness lord. Not again, why so many teaching over calling him father in the English phrase.

"I'm so sorry, Padre. So, why did you call for me? I have things to do and also a plane to catch!" I scowl.

"Cancel all!" He commanded.

I cringed. "Why should I listen to you?"

"Because I'm the reason why you're shining. I gave you your silver spoon before you used my fame and money to get your companies. So, shut the hell up and do what I asked you to do. Now, pick up your phone and send an SMS to Jorginho and tell him to cancel the remaining plans for you," His baritone voice announced.

I looked confused at him. "Padre, what is this about?"

"You know why I called for you, so don't act stupid with me, boy," He replied tautly.

"Padre..." I exhaled tiredly. "I thought I told you that I'm not interested in getting married now? You've been pressurizing me for four years now," I rolled my eyes reluctantly at him.

"Padre, can you remind me again why I've to get married? Because I still don't know why I need a woman by my side," I look deeply into his old wrinkled blue abated eyes.

"You fuck, right?" He glares at me, the kind of look that turns big errant kids into guilty little boys.

I quivered at his plain statement. Now my father no longer respects the peaceful tradition of his earthy ancestral tongues.

"And what do you fuck? Animal? Your fellow man? How will you give me my grandkids?" My father inquired from his end of the room.

"Padre...What if I tell you that I've someone that I already like? Will that make you leave me alone," I muster up at him as his natural frowned-up face yet, his glared was untouched at me.

"And what do I care?" He prevails with a taut. "You never liked anyone but yourself, Adriano. You don't even date women for long. Son, you change women like Cologne. You use them and dump them as the sluttish man you're. Even that actress with the name; Chiara Enrani, that is all over the news that you're dating, I know that you're just using her to get to her father to sign a contract with your company!" He breaths out in distress.

"Padre, calm down. You're too old for all this. You just clocked sixty-seven; you might die any moment from now, so you need to go back to Greece and relax at home with your wife, okay?" I took a deep breath.