Chapter 30: The Bachelorette

"Oh my!" Lorena clutched her chest with both hands and inhaled audibly. Verona stood beside her with eyes wide open and a raised brow. Archie, on the other hand, was still adjusting to the sudden bright light until he caught sight of Francesca and began to struggle out of his mother's grip.

"What is it, Arch?" Verona's forehead creased in worry as she cuddled her baby deeper in her chest.

"What is going on here?" Lorena asked, looking around. The living room was decorated with disco balls and heavy lighting. Roselina. Her vision turned to the food, and they were so many delicacies. A giant cake was at the center of the table, surrounded by her favorite chocolates. Then there was wine, a whole lot of wine.

"Don't get mad, my lady, but we wanted to celebrate your bachelorette," Roselina said, quickly coming forward.

"I understand that, Rose, but why?" She asked, the effect of the initial surprise finally wearing off.

"Because we love you and want you to be happy." Maria suddenly appeared, pushing Roselina to the side.

"Maria! How are you?" Lorena's face lit up on seeing Maria. Unfortunately, she had not seen her since the day she made her dress. She had not even gotten the chance to connect her to Alonso, so they could talk about the brands that were dying to work with her. The poor girl's life would drastically change, and she didn't even know it.

"I'm great, my lady," She bowed. "Also, I should have stopped by to thank you for your kindness. You've changed my life." Lorena smiled sincerely. If she thought a cheque from her was life-changing, she couldn't wait to see the look on her face when she told her about the offers.

"Archie!" Verona said, and everyone's eyes turned to look at the poor mother struggling to keep her son still.

"I think he wants to come to me," Francesca said, going to Verona.

"Oh." Verona smiled in realization. No wonder he was being so fussy. She handed him over to Francesca, and he began to laugh.

"I missed you too, baby." She smiled down at him, rocking him gently.

"Why is she standing all the way there?" Verona pointed, and all eyes turned to Tanika, standing rigidly beside the couch.

"My lady." She quickly bowed, causing a chuckle from Verona.

"Is she always like that?" She whispered loudly to Lorena, standing beside her.

"Be nice. She's an Angel." Lorena warned, causing Roselina to roll her eyes. She could stand Francesca being more loved by her, but she was beginning to sense Tanika was getting more attention, and she didn't like that.

"Okay, ladies and gentlewomen," Verona began. Lorena glanced at her, catching the twinkle in her eyes. Oh, this was the Verona she knew. The Verona, her father, tried his hardest to break. Everyone knew once the twinkle came, it was on. "I love the initiative you've taken to set this all up. It's been a while since I've had a girls' night, and we will have a blast. So right now, me and my beautiful sister are going to go shower. When we come back, this party can begin in proper!"

"Okay!" Roselina and Maria cheered while Tanika clapped quietly. This was all still new to her. She was not used to being so social with her employers. It had never happened in the last places she had worked.

"I think Archie needs a bath too...." Lorena began.

"I'll handle it!" Francesca quickly said, already picking up his bag.

Lorena laughed, shaking her head. Francesca was exactly like her when it came to children. She loved them to the depths of the earth. It was pretty sad that she could never conceive hers, but it never stopped her from showing everyone so much love.