Chapter 9: The arrival negotiations

"Love can start as a war or friendship, but it is better to be pleased than to be displeased about your part of love,"

~Unknown~

Lorena Cicero POV

Entering the luxurious White plus elegant penthouse, I was stopped by a young lady who looked my age—ignoring her as I clipped my gloved palm together. She bows at me slightly.

"How may I be of help to you?" She asked, looking sternly at me.

I looked from her feet back to her face. "And why are you like this?" I asked, looking disgusted by her maid outfit. It looked so seductive, exposing the coverage of her breast slightly.

She looks down at herself. "Who are you?"

"Who am I?" I looked around once more, then back to her face. "Where is your unflattering boss?"

She immediately looks shocked at my face due to my statement. "I'm so sorry, My lady, you must be lady Cicero. The resemblance is true," she bows apologetically.

"Indeed I am, and what resemblance? If I may ask," I asked, confused.

"Your sister, I've been seeing her on the tabloid since I was nineteen; she's tagged the—Beautiful Ruffian noble. You look so much like her," She grins.

"Oh, that," I smiled, but immediately, I frowned. "Tell the guards to bring my bags inside, and I won't be pleased if a stain gets attached to my belongings."

"Yes, my lady!" She bows once more, about walking away from me, but she halts, walking back to me. "My Lady,"

"Yes?" I darted unwittingly at her.

"Is it true that you and young master Andino are getting married in a week?"

"And how did you come to know of that?" I asked, astounded.

"I heard it from the young master two days ago. He was on the phone," She explained.

I like her for some reason; I think we'll make a good team under this roof. I keep on a straight face. "May I know your name?"

She bucks up at me with fright written all over her face. "My lady?"

"It's okay; I won't bite, just wanted to know your name, that's all." I relieved her of her worries.

"Tanika...Tanika Coletti, I'm twenty-five years old, and I have been working here as an assistant head-maid for four months. The head-maid is the sixty-four-year-old Signora Loletta Lambardi; she works at the Grandmasters home in Greece. So I was assigned here."

"That's good. Lovely name, Tanika. I think we're alike, Feisty." I nod at her.

She blushes. "Thank you, my lady; I appreciate your kind gesture. Your room is upstairs at the center loft to the right, a brown critic door. I've made great decor to your taste. Let me tell Draco to take your bags in. Oh, the young master  is out on business, but he'll be back Shortly,"

"Good. Grazie Mia Cara, I'll be upstairs then; I'll call you when I need you after my bag is up."

"Oh, before I forget, if you need my assistance, there is a bell closer to your bed shelf; just press on it, then I'll be of service to your honorable establishment." she looks at me with a smile. "You're so beautiful in person." She ran off immediately.

A few minutes later, I stared at the luxury room that was perfectly mine. Don't get me wrong, my household is five times more extensive, but the furniture and decorations are old-fashioned like my father's. Still, this right here is what we call the generational fashion sense of decorative experiments.