Chapter 19: The Act

"Lorena!" Makris called, following behind her, but she ignored him while searching for Tim. She expected to see at least some staff outside, but the places closest to the office she had been left alone with Makris were all empty. She took a turn and bumped into someone.

"Lorena?" Alonso held on to her. "I got your message. What's wrong?" He asked, brushing her face.

"Nothing is wrong. Ignore the message. I'm ready for my shoot." She said, stepping out of Alonso's embrace.

"You are?" Makris said, making the round.

"You heard me, my darling." She said with a fake smile while also mimicking Laura's voice. His brow raised, giving her a steady look. She shrugged, and her smile increased. If he thought he had figured her out completely, he was a joker. If he only knew she did, Broadway shows as an actress in disguise. Maybe it was time. Markris learned she was not the one to toy with.

"Very well then, my dear, let's do it." He said, his eyes never leaving her face. To an onlooker, they were the definition of a perfect couple. Aesthetic-wise, at least. No one would ever guess they had just entered into an unspoken competition.

"This is great! Let's go tell Tina about your decision" He excitedly dragged Lorena. "Tina!" He yelled when he spotted her. "The beautiful couple have decided to do the shoot together."

"Yes, we have," Lorena pushed past Alonso. "But on my terms. Right, darling?" She asked over her head.

"Your wish is my command, baby." Makris bowed, dedicated to seeing this game to the end.

"Great. Now where's Tim?" She asked, looking around.

"He is right here and at your service," Tim replied, coming out of a door. What even is this room with so many rooms? Lorena shivered, a little bit creeped out.

"There you are," She walked to him and touched his shoulder. He stood taken aback by her sudden boldness. Where was the calm, levelheaded Lorena he had met initially? He smiled, liking this bold and even better. "Tim honey?"

"Honey?" Makris thought, eyeing her carefully. She was a little too close to the pretty boy, and it made him uncomfortable.

"Oui, belle femme."

"I want to make a statement with this shoot. I want everyone to know how sexy my husband and I are. Do you understand me?"

"Husband? Since when?" He wondered, looking around to see if maybe Marcielo had suddenly appeared. Whatever game she was playing was beginning to unnerve him.

"Like I said, Mon Cheri, anything for you." He said, taking her hands and stroking them lightly. Markris's eyes grew dim as he clenched and unclenched his fist.

Alonso watched him, understanding why he looked so upset. Tim was too forward, and Lorena seemed to be encouraging him. This was highly unlikely her too. Her enthusiasm to do this shoot only meant one thing, she had sinister plans. He shivered, not sure he wanted to be in the presence of whatever drama was brewing.

"Tim, take the clients to the photography room while I bring Cynthia in to start our bride's makeup and dress fitting." She walked away as soon as she dished her commands.

"Come with me." He said to the trio but held Lorena's hands.

"You're so sweet, Tim." She blushed, using her side eye to watch out for Makris's reaction. The bastard looked unphased. His hands were tucked into his pocket as he strode behind with these long perfect legs of his.

"Focus, Lorena. You can't lose this one too." Her voice returned.

"Please, not now." She muttered between her teeth.