Chapter 3: ROSEY

I didn't know what I should do or say to relax her.

To give her the clearance that I meant no harm.

I don't necessarily think I look like someone that could hurt someone. It doesn't seem to suit well with me.

I mean, I don't even think I have the strength to do so with this collar back on.

I sigh, relaxing my shoulders and staring at her with a saddening look.

Why would she fear me?

"Hi."

Her brows rose in surprise, while her shoulders tensed.

I was surprised too in a way. I don't like starting conversations because I always tend to make things awkward, but since it's just us maybe it isn't that bad to try.

"I'm Rosey. You're Anna, right?"

She glared at me again which caused me to tense again.

"Are you a monster, too? Is that why you're collared? A savage beast?"

A gut paining sadness hallowed at me, as I avoid her eyes.

I had a few humans spitting at me, accusing me as a monster since I'm a werewolf.

Even if I knew that they only did it because they were afraid, I don't like it. It only made me sad.

I could understand, in a way, since they are taught Werewolves are the same as Vampires, maybe more 'savaging'.

"No, actually. I was hunted down by a group of hunters when I and my friend was hunting for food. I was caged when I was fifteen. Bought when I was twenty. I'm living here about five months now, don't like it here much. Burned by a collar everyday of my life isn't something I find to my liking, but since Vampires fear that we might shift and kill them, they tend to overpower us with Wolftoxin and metal. A lot of us died, our bodies not really made to be poisoned everyday and be burned... What about you? Taken from your family?"

"No. They're dead."

My eyes widened and a sense of shock and pity pooled down on me.

"Sor—"

"I don't want your pity, dog."

Ouch.

Well, I can't really argue. We are dogs, wild dogs, but we're caged like pets.

I should actually take it as a compliment, but it's just the way she said it that prevented me from doing so.

"I know you don't like me, since you see me as part beast that would hurt you if I could. But I mean no harm, really. I don't like hurting people who can't protect themselves. Even Vampires..." I said, feeling some sort of shame when I said I couldn't even harm Vampires.

I mean, they harm us. Hurt us. Kill us.

"I'm not afraid of you," she snaps, looking me up and down.

I frown.

"You don't need to be."

Her brows relaxed at my answer, clearly not expecting that reply.

"Does it hurt?" she asks, her eyes not leaving my collar.

I tend to look at it, but only saw a speck of the grey color.

"Yeah. It does," I answer. "But you get use to the pain after a while. However, it doesn't make it less painful. Or unbearing."

"Does he hurt you?"

My brows furrow at her question.

Does he hurt me?

Oh!