Chapter 6: ROSEY

"Not necessarily, Tim," Master croaks.

Tim puffs out a defeated breath and had a slight pout plumping his lips.

"So, branding her is a no-no?" he asked again, a slight hope brightening his eyes that Master lied to him.

"Should I repeat?" Master growls, a warning laced in his words.

Tim stares at him for a few seconds before exhaling harshly.

I guess he wanted to see if Master was lying to him since Master mentioned he dislikes the idea of branding me.

I don't know why, but the gratitude stayed ever since he rejected the offer, but when he first asked, I saw the irritation that darkened Master's face. There I knew Tim asked this before and now that Master has to reject his offer yet again, it seems to intensify the irritation towards this subject.

"Very well. Now I'll be missing out, y'know, ever since Anna was attacked," he says, rolling each word off his tongue with care to tempt Master into branding me.

He only responded with a brow raised and a sneer.

"Is that my problem?" he grits, straightening his spine to give Tim the message he's done talking about it.

"No, no, just saying," he defends, defensively raising his hands in surrender.

I wonder how Anna is doing.

Is she in the Castle's clinic room being treated? Or in surgery, because it's that bad? Is she even alive?

My blood chills at the thought.

If she's dead then it's nothing more but my fault. I could've saved her if it wasn't for me being so afraid. I could've saved her if I wasn't such a coward.

I gulp, beads of sweat coating my forehead.

How could I let her die?

As if Master could sense my distress, he glanced at me to see what bothered me.

He returns his attention to Tim that kept blubbering about the branding and asked the next question, "Is your pet still alive?"

Tim frowns and confusedly stares ahead for a few seconds before it clicked, his brows rising and his eyes snapping at Master.

I stared at Tim with hope, desperation and need that made me hope with all my heart that she was okay.

"Yeah, she's fine or that's what the doctor said. He required that I give her a lot of rest and that meant no feeding, which was to my displease, but hey, at least she'll be up and running by next week. Or more, depends on how her body recovers."

With those gashes, I expect that they gave her some of the blood to heal fatal wounds within weeks.

Master fixes his gaze on me and mine on his, his eyes questioning if I got my answer.

I timidly nod and stared down at my bowl.

Thank you...

"Oh, give her my best wishes," was Master's reply.

Tim's brows furrowed once again, his eyes questioning why Master wanted to know this, but against his better judgment, he stayed quiet. Instead, he took a bite of his pork.

"So why are you heading for the village?" he asked, chewing on his pork.

Master sneers, displeased at his table manners but ignored it as he cut a piece of meat and ate it.

Tim looked at him, waiting for a response. He quickly realizes Master was eating and focused on his breakfast instead, taking another bite of the pork.