Chapter 13: ROSEY

"Y'know, it's okay to talk to me. I'm not Drake," he said slowly, studying my reaction as I turned my body to stare at him wide-eyed.

In the past hour, I've realized that, but I couldn't risk my life by guessing he wasn't like my Master.

I wouldn't know if he was much more violent than my Master when it came down to punishments.

Even if Master never whipped me with a whip, still, I couldn't let my guard down. It was too risky.

"And you've been staring at the same page for about an hour now. Anything on your mind that seems to bother you?" he points out, raising a thick brow.

I purse my lips and stare down at the page I've undoubtedly paid no attention to.

His groan caused my eyes to snap at him, watching how he lied down on the bed with his hands behind his head, eyes staring up at the ceiling, before tilting his head to stare at me. Like he felt my eyes.

I tense.

"So it's true you are mute," he blurts, my brows furrowing at his declaration.

I'm not mute. I may not talk to others if they make me uncomfortable, but Master and I have shared conversations...or a conversation.

I sigh, slumping my shoulders in defeat.

"I'm bored," he casually said, focusing back at the ceiling.

I purse my lips and try to focus on the book that lies on my lap, waiting to be read till I'm too exhausted to even see the letters.

Even if I haven't been too focused on the book for a while I was determined to read at least five pages without zooming out and thinking about the events that occurred.

Even how hard I try to distract myself from the thoughts, it always leads back to it in one way or another.

It was a frustrating process that triggered some annoyance, but finally realizing there isn't much I could do, I stopped trying so hard.

I jump when he roughly whipped himself forward into a slouch and pulled his legs towards him to sit crisscross.

"Let's play a game," he comments, trailing his eyes to me which caused me to stiff, "What about twenty-one questions? Anna and I have played it but she could get tough and make it...lame. Do you know how to play?"

I nod and watched his eyes lid up and his smile appear.

"Goody!" he chirps, patting the spot beside him, silently gesturing me to sit on his bed.

My eyes widen.

I have never dared to come anywhere near Master's bed, and now Tim invites me over.

I gulp and shook my head.

My heart was already drumming in my ribcage at the thought of coming anywhere near him. A predator. With fangs.

I shiver.

He sighs, "Alright. Who will go first?"

I shrug, placing the book beside me and hugging my knees to my chest, watching his face fall before lidding up not a second after.

How does a person do that?

"Okay, I'll go, but first there's going to be rules implied. Rule number one, no silent treatment," I frown, "Rule number two, no stuttering. God, it irritates the shit out of me. And rule number three, no weird-ass questions. Got it?"

I instantly nodded.

"Words," he croaks, his eyes narrowing.

"Yes. I understand."