ᒍᗩKᗴ ᗩᑎᗪ ᗯIᑎTᗴᖇ II

"Fine."

"But once I'm done. You better go back to your room." He said in a defeated tone and Winter immediately cheered with glee.

"Hold on. Stay here." Jake said to her and walked away to a corner. Making sure she's far enough to not hear what he says.

He picked up his walkie talkie and called the only one who's left to watch the security cameras.

The rest are still busy in the forest due to the same matter that caused them a minor complications.
So that night is really a perfect time to escape the island due to the lack of watchers. Especially that to watch the cameras, there needs to be more than four people because of how many there is that they've put in the castle.
And if you know exactly the right timing and blind spots. You can make it out alive.

But of course. The security cameras does not include the dangers that lurks the island at night when it is fully awake.

"Do me a favor Sunghoon. I need you to close the cameras that I'll pass by." He said in a rather quiet voice.

'I see you. Are you actually planning to have a date? I mean this is a perfect timing after all! You're such a prick!' Sunghoon laughed from the other line.

"Shut up! This girl won't go back unless I tire her out!" Jake rolled his eyes and was immediately responded by a judgemental gasp from Sunghoon.

'You son of a lamprey chicken! You better not make a mess there or I swear!'

"What the fu** are you talking about!? I'm just gonna let her tag along!"

'Oh! Hahahaha!!!! Sorry! My mistake!'

'But it's only a few minutes before their lights out!'

"Which is why I'm asking you to do me this favor. If they suddenly return. Alert me immediately."

'We'll get in trouble if Namjoon learns about this! Are you sure? You probably should just go harsh on her than being nice. It's for her own good anyway!'

"Just do as I ask please? The longer we talk. The more time we waste."

'Tsk fine! You owe me big deal for this!'

"Okay! Thanks a lot mate!"

Jake grinned as he placed his walkie talkie back on his belt and walked back to Winter.

"Stay on my side. The cameras are live so we're gonna need to be careful." He said and gestured the girl to follow him which she did.

Jake is actually doing a security round to check all the places that every participants goes too.

"Am I getting you in trouble?" Winter asked. Although it didn't sound close to any concern. She sounded rather mischievous.

"If I get caught. You'll be in trouble too so it's a win-win situation." He said with a chuckled and Winter immediately rolled her eyes.

"Geez. Why so strict. I mean! Why is there a lights out anyway! This is a huge castle! And the fact that no one is allowed to leave anymore already imprison us here! Shouldn't a little freedom be granted to us! This island will kill us anyway so give us some air!" Winter rambled continiously and Jake could only laugh at her rants.

She looks so cute.
He thought. Unaware of how smitten he is by the girl.

"The lights out is for your own benefit. It's so you won't wake up late for the next day!" Jake said and Winter immediately snapped.

"I'm an early bird! Give me a better reason!" She growled and Jake only laughed in response.

"I don't know! Maybe girls are always late or something?" He said rather playfully and Winter immediately halted walking as she gasped in a very exaggerated and playfully offended manner.

Jake stopped as well and turned to look at her.

"You didn't just said that!" She said and pointed him an accusing finger before the two of them proceeded into walking.

"You have no idea how hard it is to be a girl! I mean men probably just wakes up and then that's it! But us!?" She ranted and then pointed at herself.

"We can't just wake up looking deranged and hag! I mean we are girls! We don't do the 'wake up and that's it' thing! You'll never understand because you're a guy!" She added while Jake looks at her with either amusement or disbelief.

"That's clearly generalizing!" Jake accused playfully earning another gasp from the girl.

"You're such a jerk! Why are you even with me!?"

"Correction! You're the one who tagged along! I know I'm attractive and I'm afraid I can't help it!"

"Oh please! I was just being nice to you earlier when I said you look pretty. But trust me that was a lie!"

"Oh really? Should I say that letting you tag along is also a lie? I'm actually taking you to the pit with me!"

The two eventually broke out laughing after their long bickerings.
It's already 20 minutes after lights out and Jake and Winter finally finished doing the final task of checking the castle.

Jake walked Winter to her room. He didn't bother about other participants seeing him with the girl since they are already asleep by this time.

"Your roommates must be worried sick. Just tell them you got locked in a bathroom and you were lucky to make it back here alive." Jake reminded her and she nodded her head with a small smile on her lips.

She looked a bit tired now compared earlier when she was very loud and energetic.

"I had fun. Thanks for wasting your time on me!" Winter said and laughed lightly.

"Alright. I'll leave when I see you go in." Jake said and Winter didn't have to be told twice because she wanted to 'rest'.

The sooner Winter had gone in her room, Jake finally took his leave. Although he's not actually leaving the castle. But he's leaving to go to the North Wing.
As soon as he arrived, Jake opened one of the colored doors with the use of a special key that only the champions who wanted to stay in the castle for the night can have.

Jake opened the browned colored door and entered a small room where there are two bunk beds on both sides and a small nightstand in the middle.
He locked the door immediately and sat on the lower bunk on the left side. He placed the key on the nightstand and opened the lamp. It flickered before it gave off a weak light that barely reaches to his face.

Jake tapped his belt. About to search for his walkie talkie.

"Where is it!?"

I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.