Udøde

The creature looked at her with hungry eyes, snapping its jaws with a fervent hunger. She backed away from it slowly, keeping her eyes firmly fixed on it as she made her way around the kitchen island gaining some distance. She picked up a meat cleaver, still bloody from the food it had been used to chop and the Draugr screeched in protest of her movement. She quickly dashed to one side to cut it off from the door, and she slammed the lock into place. She couldn't run the risk of it getting loose in the palace and the people getting hurt, it was just her and the monster now.

It dived at her and she ducked down and around the creature making it to the other side where she made a dash to the boiling water, splashing it across its ugly face. She felt the heat of the water from the steam and little splattering of water hitting her skin as it bounced off the surfaced around the creature and she felt it blister her skin a little. It howled in pain and sent a wave of nausea to Y/N's stomach when she smelled the bubbling flesh of the creature.

It launched again, only this time it slammed her to the floor pushing her into the stone. She put her hand to its neck and pushed it holding the creature far enough away so it could not bite.
It snapped its jaws as it struggled to bit into Y/N's flesh, and it's head violently thrashed, she brought up her knee and rolled up to push it away and struck its neck with the meat cleaver which got stuck in the bone. She couldn't make it budge so made the decision to dive for a rolling pin, if she couldn't decapitate it she would damn well beat its bloody head in. She swung the wooden pin smacking it this way and that over its face but to no affect, it was like swatting a fly that was too fast to hit. It knocked her down again, but this time she managed to roll the creature onto its back. She dug her knees into its arms, placing her hands on the meat cleaver she pushed it through, the blade slowly making its way through its neck.

It rasped in fierce anger and insanity as it struggled, its head thrashing only serving to help the blade deeper. Suddenly its mouth began to widen like something from a horror movie, it was trying to swallow her whole, it was getting bigger and bigger, its whole frame changing. There was no other choice, she had to act now. She grasped it by the lapels and lifted it using its own weight against it and pushed it into the fireplace. The monster screamed a blood curdling screech as its skin sizzled in the flame of the fireplace, the flames began flying higher as she held down its body. it stopped moving but she held fast, even though the flames were burning her own arms.

She only let go when she felt someone pull her back, it was Mary Owen. "Dear god woman, what are you-" her words caught in her throat as she saw the half frazzled body, and gasped realising what it was. She turned to see a stunned but silent Y/N Holding up her arms which were blistered, red and swollen and looking wet and weepy. she said nothing, only looked on like a child about to cry. "Oh my god, your arms!" She pulled Y/N up and looked at the state of her, tears in her eyes and fear coursing through her veins. "The healers, NOW!"

_______________

"You will need plenty of bedrest, the pain is being managed by the medicines we administered. This salve MUST be applied twice daily, and your bandages changed, do you understand?" The healer scolded. Y/N was sat in her rooms now. The threat had been dealt with, though no one knew quite who had sent them or why, but it was safe to say the Draugar were gone from Asgard. "I left the corpse in the kitchen, I should-"

"You will do nothing my lady, do you hear me? Really, leaving the safety of the great hall just to fetch water for that blind fool. You should have more sense than that!" Y/N felt her blood boil, it was no ones fault this happened, least of all the old mans, but before she could protest, the doors to her chambers flew open, Loki and Thor came storming in. "What happened, I demand to know - NOW!" Loki shouted and Y/N Flinched, she wasn't ready for confrontation of any kind. She was just happy to be alive. "We heard of the attack, we were surprised one made it to the palace at all, my lady you are hurt!" Thor dashed over and surveyed Y/N's arms. "Again, what happened?" Loki spoke in a more calm manner. Y/N carefully and quietly informed the two of what happened, ensuring the facts of the fight were right and explained. Loki looked pained, the thought of her going through yet another ordeal stressed him, and caused him much anger. The fact someone would dare touch her, would dare lay a finger on her. She was his, and no one touched her, no one would dare. He was fuming until he heard her say the last part of her story.