I Do

It was here, the day of the wedding.

Y/N donned her dress, short heel shoes and headpiece with pride, every bit the Asgardian bride.
Her hair was twisted around a wire hairpiece curling and looping through an elaborate design. She felt like that scene in Labyrinth, like a real princess in stories of old. Her makeup was complete, a natural tone with bronze and gold eyeshadow and glowing blush, subtle yet striking.

Hildegard was in her room helping her get ready, as her maid of honour it was customary for them to spend the night in the brides chambers. Mary Owen was the head of catering and was given the duty of 'the cake'.

Y/N slipped into her dress and was ready and waiting to be escorted. A knock at her chamber doors made her stand. She took one last look at her room, all her books readily packed away to be moved to a royal suite and her clothing to be packed for the honeymoon lay waiting in the wardrobe.

THE DRESS:

"Oh Hildegard, I have something to tell you

"Oh Hildegard, I have something to tell you. As of tomorrow you won't be my ladies maid anymore." Y/N said flatly as she smoothed her dress
The young girl looked positively drained. Here eyes had widened and her stuttering was tenfold as her shyness and upset began to well. "But.. But my lady, have I not served you well? Oh please do not dismiss me!" She begged. Y/N held up her hands and stopped the young girls babbling. "You are dismissed, and the day after tomorrow, you are to report to the seamstresses to start your apprenticeship." Y/N smiled.

Little Hildegard stood stock still, she could now become a seamstress, her life long dream. "But my lady are you sure?" She asked with a smile creeping on her face. "That I am," Y/N replied, "Consider it a wedding gift that you do this, a wedding gift to me. The best one ever, to live your dream."

With excitement Hildegard opened the door to see none other than Heimdall stoo waiting. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at the Byfrost?" Y/N asked, but Heimdall held out his hand for Y/N to join him.

"I am to give you away. I understand that is the custom on Midgard isn't it?" They both laughed and Y/N took his hand. They walked down the hallway with Hildegard in tow, and spoke. "As much as it burns me that you would give your heart to such a snake as Loki, I will admit... he has proved himself when it comes to you. He is a lucky man Y/N, don't let him forget it."

"I won't." She promised and held on tightly to his hand. They reached the ornate golden doors that lead to the throne room and her nerves rose up in the chest and stomach. "Cold feet?" Heimdall joked, but before she could elbow him, the doors opened to all of Asgard standing in the room.

All the bridesmaids were stood at the front of the alter, Odin and Frigga stood at the throne itself, with Frigga more prominent as she was the goddess of marriage. She noticed one of the bridesmaids she hadn't recognised before, a medium height woman with shoulder length brown hair. She dressed in the Asgardian fashion but Y/N could tell she wasn't of Asgard. It was then she realised she must be Thor's plus one, she smiled and continued to walk the long walk up to Loki.