Brudefest

The weeks came and went with not much else happening other than wedding preparations. The cold still hung in the air, but the promise of spring was on the horizon, and the earth flowers that Odin had allowed to grow were in bloom, Y/N's favourite flower.

The wedding was fast approaching and Y/N and Loki were itching to get it over with so they could be together, there was only so much Y/N do in her room at night, her waiting was taking its toll, she wanted Loki and wanted him now!

First order of business though was the Brudefest, a gathering of all the brides' friends in one room while they drank, danced and played games. But of course, Y/N was on her own, making the whole party aspect seem to be a lonely one. She had had friends back home, her bosom buddies, sisters from another mister etc but they were on earth.

Instead, you picked ladies from the court and of course your maid of honour Hildegard. She had been a little resistant to the idea as her station was low, but this didn't concern Y/N.

Instead, this spurred her on, convinced her that giving Hildegard the title of maid of honour was perfect. She trusted Hildegard and made a real friend in her, she wanted her there more than anything.

From what Frigga explained, the Brudefest would last a whole week before the wedding, while the men had their party known as a Polterabend. Y/N secretly wished to know what their party would include but at the risk of sounding jealous didn't ask.

Her itinerary was filled with activities Frigga approved, pamper sessions, musical shows, gift giving, mystical retreats... none that really screamed hen night. It all looked good but didn't seem like her idea of fun.

"So, you're going to be living it up with the boys... who exactly are your 'boys' so to speak?" Y/N asked as they walked the garden together, Y/N noted the flowers that she had requested were blooming beautifully, and she thought about requesting them as a bouquet.

"It is not a situation I am happy about my love, trust me. A whole week with Thor and the rest of his fanatics? They have something lined up. I don't know what, but it will be dreadful I am sure." Loki complained, whatever his brother did he complained and Y/N somewhat understood why.

"Just as long there are no strippers that's fine." Y/N joked, but Loki didnt laugh. "There are no strippers... right?" She asked a little more strictly. "If I had any idea what you're talking about?" He said confused and Y/N explained about strippers and stereotypical stag do's. Loki chortled, "Ah, you mean pleasure maids, I doubt that would be allowed"

"Pleasure maids?" Y/N said wary of this new information. Loki went on to explain the palace and areas of Asgard had what were known as pleasure maids, basically courtesans for hire, they could dance, serve and provide 'services'.

"Yeah, no pleasure maids Loki, I mean it." You laughed and brought him in for a kiss.
"Really pet? And how am I to refrain? What's in it for me?" He goaded, and Y/N snapped her heard round and grabbed him by the lapels and tugged him towards her.

"You would waste all these months of waiting... Just to get on my bad side?" Her hand slid down his chest and then to his trousers where she teased him. He sighed with torment and she continued. "I would hate to be in such a bad mood or indeed... have a wicked headache..."

The sound of someone clearing their throat made Y/N and Loki turned, Frigga stood there with an arched eyebrow. Loki's cheeks went red and Y/N felt herself burn with the embarrassment as she stuttered to Frigga. "You're majesty, I, I, I...."

"You were about to come to me so I can escort you to your Brudefest in preparation for the wedding, correct?" Frigga said loudly, Y/N nodded and looked down deciding not to speak anymore.