Mèlangè

Y/N was picking out the colours for her bridesmaids to be. She went with the yellow and green theme, it would look well in the halls of Asgard, and she had managed to get Frigga to help her convince Odin to allow Midgardian flowers to grow in the gardens especially for the day.

He had called the flowers 'common looking' in comparison to the Asgardian ones but Y/N didn't care.
As she finished with the seamstress on the bridesmaids dresses, she realised she had forgotten her own.

"Brides don't need all that much." The seamstress told her. "Any colour dress is acceptable the most important thing in your headdress."

This again was so alien to Y/N, "headdress?" She questioned.

"Yes, every bride has a headdress adorned with tbe precious items left to them by their mothers and their mothers mother. A long line of women and their history on show."

"And what if you don't have any of that?" Y/N cast her eyes to the floor. She had nothing of her mothers, she would be the only bride on Asgard without this.

"Well I'll be honest, I had some specifications for my dress... I wondered if you could accomodate that?"

"We can do anything, we are gods." She said with certainty.

"Well then, best get out a pen and paper I got a dress for you to make."

__________

The halls and stair cases were silent, and Y/N snuck out in her night gown to read in the library. She traveled down the halls like a ghostly figure, white gown, long hair trailing down her back, and candle in hand.

The wax dripped down her fingers, she liked the feeling of it, the intense one second burn and the cooling to a hard waxy drip, all instantaneously. She let her mind wander as she walked through the halls, her mind imagining she were a victorian woman, like Jane in Jane Eyre wanding the halls in search of her Rochester.

She made a detour on the way to the library, at Loki's chamber door. She ran her hand down the ornate carved door. She knew he must be sleeping by now, dreaming of who knows what?

"Come in." She heard spoken from behind the door.

Shit! She thought flinching with surprise that he was awake at this hour. "It's okay, I am going to the library, I was just walking-"

"I said, come in." He said in a more stenrly manner. She pushed open the door, to see him sat at his desk, shirtless writing away. She walked in but stayed near the door giving ample space between them.

"I shouldn't really be here. I was going to the library."

"I know. Quite the studious one recently I understand." He leaned back from his seat and his scribbling reaching for his wine glass.

"If all you're going to do is hurl cryptic accusations my way then I am going to take my leave." She turned and went to close the door.

"You have been avoiding me since the throne room." He said loudly, and Y/N span on her heel to look him with a warning in her eyes. She quickly shut the door closing them both in Loki's chambers.
"Do you want to raise your voice a little? I don't think the other side of the city heard you!" She scolded in a hushed tone. Loki picked up his wine and sauntered forward.
"You have been avoiding me and I demand to know why."