Bargaining

Y/N had all she needed to bring about her vision of The Healers Guild to Odin. The financials were sound, all she needed was the thumbs up, and she knew this would be tough to get without Odins approval. Luckily though she had a plan to get his approval without him realising it.

"His servants clean the room in the morning and before he and Frigga enter for bed. But you must beware if the fire is low, it means someone will be in soon to tend to it. You must not be caught." Loki had informed. He had offered to do the task for her but Y/N had to go it alone, this was her business, her plan for the realms, she had to see it through on her own. She slipped into Odin's office, and marveled at the ostentatious decor that surrounded her. The heads of beasts and demons years past slain hung of the walls, the red and gold theme running throughout. Yeah, Thor was Odin's son to be sure. She came to his desk of papers, and quickly leafed through them, finding the paperword to do with Jötunn borders. She slipped in her contracted proposal for the 'Healers Guild', he was sure to sign it and pass it as he went through not really reading it.

As she looked through the paperwork, she found agreements between Odin and Aaran which made made her concerned. The peace between the realms was to be ensured, but it included it something strange.

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓰𝓮𝓷𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓮𝓵𝓿𝓮𝓷 𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓭𝓸𝓶𝓼 𝓶𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓫𝓮 𝓹𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓮𝓻𝓿𝓮𝓭 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓮, 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓲𝓷𝓿𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓭 𝓲𝓷. 𝓦𝓮 𝓶𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓫𝓮 𝓪𝓫𝓵𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝓲𝓷𝓿𝓮𝓼𝓽 𝓲𝓷 𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝔀𝓪𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓭𝓾𝓬𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮 𝓮𝓵𝓿𝓮𝓷 𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓰𝓮𝓷𝔂 𝓽𝓸 𝓻𝓮𝓿𝓲𝓽𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓼𝓮 𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓭𝔀𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓵𝓮𝓭 𝓷𝓾𝓶𝓫𝓮𝓻 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓪𝓫𝓲𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓽𝓸 𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓮 𝓷𝓮𝔀 𝓯𝓮𝓻𝓽𝓲𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂.

New fertility? She thought, what the hell does that mean? And how will that beget progeny? She shook her head quickly filing the papers back to where they were, she had already lingered too long and was at high risk of being caught, the fire now low was beginning to fizzle. She quickly darted out of the room, and went out to the hallway, and shook her head. It was probably nothing.

----

"Perhaps it is best." Frigga sighed, closing the book on Jötunn physiology. "Yourself and Y/N are fit and healthy, and she will be sure to come into her immortality after the trials? Why not let her be?"

Loki sighed. She just didn't understand. He needed to control this beast within him, and be sure Y/N was safe. "My birth mother was Vannir, and she died. What is to say it wasn't birthing me?" He replied solomnley, Frigga sighed again and took hold of his hand. "I always wondered what happened to her.but she was a strong and fierce magic wielder. From what you say, she was important enough for a plaque in the name of Laufey."

"What happened to her?" He said, wanting to know all he could about his mother. "Farbauti was a powerful sorceress. She left, and we never heard from her again. There were rumours she left for midgard. Never to come back. One rumour was that she fell in love with someone her family disapproved of. I guess that was true. But you can rest assured son, she was no weak or feeble child. She was strong, and her magic would be the reason she lived, your birth coild not change that."

No matter what his mother said to ease his mind, the idea of a child, one that would kill his beloved was out of the question.

_______________