Kærasti

"Y/N?" came a voice as they walked through the Lobby. Y/N turned to see a familiar face.

"Mum?"

"Mum? What are you...? How did you find me?" She asked with a shaky voice. the older woman stormed over and slapped Y/N clean across the face hard leaving a red handprint on her cheek. "You're out for dinner and drinks while I was grieving you?"

"I... I..." Y/N stuttered. Holy shit... three years... "And who in the fuck are you!?" She shouted looking Loki up and down. "Hi, nice to meet you. I am her husband."
Y/N winced, not exactly the way she wanted to tell her mum she was now a Mrs.

"Wow, no note, not even a hint of your whereabouts. Where did you go Y/N? Where have you been? I was worried every night. I put up posters, I went on TV?!...We looked for a body."

Y/N stopped short when her mother said this. The pain she must have gone through, the worry. She looked for a body to bury, she thought her child was dead and gone.

"Mum I..."

"Where were you? Where did you go?"

"I don't know." Y/N cried, tears began forming in the corners of her eyes and her voice began to waiver. "I can't tell you, mum, mum I was... I was lost, for so long mum! And I couldn't get back, I couldn't get to you mum. I'm sorry, I tried I really did!" Y/N began to cry in earnest, tears streaming down her face. Her mum stepped forward and gave her a hug, a hug she had waited for, for three years.

____________

Back in the suite, Loki had laid out tea, as he tried to impress the new mother-in-law. With all his suaveness and sophistication, she just didn't even seem that interested. This really distracted and distressed him, he wanted to win her over. After all, if the prince of lies and deception couldn't do it, who could?

"Last conversation we had before you went to work, do you remember? You told me you were going to your mate's house after. Then I saw the news, the storm, the destruction of the dealership."

"I got lost. I fell into a place that was so beautiful, but so dangerous. I was lost for so long mum. I tried to get back every day." Y/N said.

"Oh darling, I am so sorry. I wish I had known, I wish there had been something I could have done." Y/N's mother sighed. She was always like this, overprotective but she was also harsh and matter-of-fact.

Nothing anyone could do. Not her mother, not even the gods could help. "You're here now though. And you will come home." Her mother's words echoed in Y/N's ears. She was just expected to be home now, that overprotective instinct was creeping in, and that bond was still so strong.

"Mum, I can't just come home now. I just can't do it. I have too much to do now, I have so much responsibility. I have a whole new life now." She reasoned, but her mother looked Loki up and down. "It's you, is it? You took my daughter and kept her from her home."

Y/N place a hand on her mother's shoulder. "Mum no, it's not like that. Loki helped me, he gave me a place to live, gave me a home when I was lost."

"And where was that home then? Wasn't bloody Rochdale was it? You were nowhere."

She looked at Loki who was smiling gently. "He saved me and never gave up on me. We fell in love. I fell in love with a literal god. The place I landed, was a whole different planet."

Y/N's mum stared blankly at her. "You expect me to believe you were on a different planet? I wasn't born yesterday!" She said harshly. Y/N shook her head. This was a lot to take on faith. Her mother wasn't always the one to believe her wild stories when she was young. Her mother was the kind of person who had had it difficult growing up, everything that could go wrong did go wrong, and she always waited for the other shoe to drop.